Sunshine!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Yao
November 12th 2007
Published: November 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a bad nights sleep we elected to get up and watch the sunrise at 0530. It didnt quite happen however and after hitting snooze a few times (lol), we finally got up at 0830 to glorious long awaited and most welcome- SUNSHINE!!!!!!
We didnt yet know it but today would be a day of firsts. The first day the sun came out, the first time we would swim in the sea, making it really feel like a holiday!
It would however also be the first day we would get the dreaded sunburn!!! lol.
For the 1st time since ariving in Koh Yao we had a sense of urgency about ourselves as we hurried our breakfast to get out into the sunshine.
Unfortunatley, to find a spot on Koh Yao's coastline devoid of rocks we needed to walk for approximatley 30 miniutes. It is probobally the only thing koh yao is missing, a good long sandy stretch of beach.
We found a spot to sunbathe but that wasnt where the damage would be done, oh no, that was due to the aquatic investigations Emma and I conducted over the next 90 miniutes or so!
We discoverd 3 types of fish swimming in the sea. First up was the smallest, inevitabley at the bottom of the food chain. Next we noticed an individual bigger fish hunting the schools of smaller ones! Both sets of fish swam aroung our legs, on the whole ignoring us as they hunted and avoided each other.

The last discovery we made by accident in deeper water. We know very little about this fish as it was only at depths when it was too dark to see clearly. We do however know it likes to feed on my ankle!
Undeterred we continue splashing abount for another hour or so before beginning the walk back to our bungalows.

Showered and changed, we sat down to lunch at 3.40pm! We had spent the whole afternoon in the sun and by the time we returned to bed wwe would be a rose shade of pink!!

The evening was a relaxed affair, with us retiring around 9pm. I (Paul) was asleep by 9.40 and apparently baa'ing like a sheep whilst asleep!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb