Hippy Lifestyle


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Yao
November 10th 2007
Published: November 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After beating a hasty retreat the previous night when my jet lag finally caught up with me, I awoke after 11 glorious hours un-interrupted sleep to Emma's tales of frogs in showers! (see seperate blog entry)
A quick coffee later (nescafe not thai coffee which is extra strong and has a hot chocolate like texture) and we were settling down to a good hearty breakfast of banana pancakes and milkshake! Hardly a cooked fry but our wallets will thank us for it even if our appetites wouldnt!

We then decided to sample the downtown Koh Ya shopping area, a single quaint market street catered towards mainly thais but selling the odd tourist trinket! In a bid to hippy-fy ourselves and look part of the crowd we bought a few bits and bob, including a jingly jangly anklet - so we now here emma coming!

Ou tuk tuk arrivesd at 2.30 to take us back to Sabai corner for some delicious lunch of one of the best fresh omelletes I have ever had (maybe not mummy's though!) After filling our bellies we headed down the beach for our first bit of sunbathing in some glorious sunshine, fell asleep of course but still havent changed colour! We did grab a couple of books from the lounge but just didnt have the energy to read them!

It was about 6pm before we headed back to the refuge of our bungalow, by this time it was starting to get dark so gave up on the shower idea, we had already started to get accustomed to that overall sticky feeling anyway!!!

Dressed in my new hippy trousers and now new shoes we went down for some dinner - italian tonight believe it or not. NOrmally we would feel guilty but as the owner is italian and many people including locals come her to sample it it was worth trying. Delicious best garlic bread we have ever had and when you can still taste it later on its actually nice!

We spent the evening in 'Kings Corner' ( big table with lots of cushions everyway to sit and ly on) sharing jokes and travel stories and listining to music with Colin and a few of the German guests. A really nice evening to end a lovely day. We managed to get to bed at 12ish after clearing the ants out of our bed!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb