Thunderstoms, Ladyboys and Yoga


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
April 11th 2012
Published: April 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We witnessed a ladyboy cabaret last night, and it was great fun. In the words of Alan Partridge, "I don't find them attractive - it's just confusing".

We arrived in Ko Tao yesterday, and it was the first mode of public transport that has arrived on time so far - the slow boat from Ko Phangan costing 450 bht each (9 quid) for a 2 hour journey, which we sat on the side of the boat and soaked up the cloudy sun, and got a true brit-abroad style sun tan/burn (well i'm speaking for myself). Becky always checks for accommodation and best resorts etc, and we found a place called Khun Ying, which offers shared dorms for 300 bht each, 6 quid a night. We stayed last night and had such a lovely night's sleep - with piece of mind that our valuables were locked in our safety deposit locker - which we payed a deposit for. We met a group of girls who were heading for ladyboy cabaret, so we went along.



I was really scared. I thought the night would end in tears, but was such a great night. The ladyboys stand in the town centre, advertising their show. There was no entrance fee, just double priced drinks. I brought two rounds as my first down so quickly - I think people may have been asking Becky a few questions about me, but she said he's always like this.



Partridge was right. You have to keep reminding yourself that these lean ladies with great legs are fellas. Didn't stop me having photos with them all at the end - I was getting carried away! My brother in law will be very happy to hear this story no doubt, and in my situation would have done exactly the same. Piers, you know you would!



Today we saw an awesome thunderstorm, that lasted about 2 hours, and just like Spinal Tap, these storms go to 11... It's as if someone keeps turning up the rain, as if it's not wet or strong enough. Sure enough, half an hour or so later in the Thai sunshine you would never know it had been raining.



Becky has been on at me for years to go to yoga with her, and today i caved. As our options were limited today as rain stopped play, we hung out in a coffee bar, then went for Thai food for lunch, then a few people that we met called Becky and Sabrina accompanied us to Yoga. It was great. The group were at mixed ability levels, so no need to feel embarrassed at being ridiculously unbendy! Definitely worth a go for beginners, and if you're thinking of giving it a go, than where better?



Tomorrow if the weather is better we will hit the beach no doubt, but as we have found on this trip, it's pointless making plans as acts of god seem to hinder your geographical wandering.



Namaste!



Becky@Andy

Advertisement



22nd April 2012

Thrilled to have a mention in your blog
Ive not read much but will be sure to read up on your adventures! What a brill day and night we had in koh tao, hope you guys are doing well, be sure to keep in touch! I wish you all the best in your careers! Xxx

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb