Dive Baby Dive!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
April 1st 2006
Published: April 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Getting of the FerryGetting of the FerryGetting of the Ferry

Never seen so many touts in all my days.
I did not dive. Unfortunately.
Ko Tao, cool name for an island if I may say so myself. Arrived here on the back drop of a massive 5 days in Kho Phanang. Only went to bed at 7am the morning before I caught the ferry. I therefore spent the entire ferry ride passed out on the hard plastic seats, with Dean in close pursuit. Got off the ferry to be greeted by what can only be called a mob of people trying to get us to dive with their company or stay at their guesthouse. Told them to all bugger off and got a couple of scooters and cruised to the southern tip of the island. Stayed next to Freedom beach which was alright. Then had a bit of an adventure driving into the very very rural interior. Those have had to have been the 2nd worst roads I have been on, a close second to the one Adam and I took on Brac island, Croatia. Eventually got to a beautiful spot on the other side of the island where I had a fruit shake and a, as Farrell would say "Dropped Chester from the squad".
Had an incredible fish dinner
Beach we stayed onBeach we stayed onBeach we stayed on

Sailee beach, nice sunsets.
that evening on the beach with Dennis. Awesome, both had red snapper. You go to this big ice chest and choose your fish and tell them what type of sauce you would like it prepared with and they chuck it on the barbie and next thing you know you have a whole fish, corn, baked potato and salad sitting in front of you all for 4 USD. And this place is literally on the beach, our toes were in the sand. Out of control. Had a 'snickers shake' to top off the excellent meal.
We then moved to Sailee village up the island a bit(PS this island only has 4500 people on it, tiny). Great place. A complete diving mecca with tons of shops and O2 tanks everywhere. 02 is oxygen right? Please correct me if I am wrong, Chem and I had a bit of a falling out a few years back.
We later went on a all day snorkel and get sun burnt boat excursion. Pretty cool, saw some cool colourful fish, coral and a beautiful blond Russian bombshell with little to no clothing on at all times.
Almost went out the last night but seeing as though
On the Taxi On the Taxi On the Taxi

Yip, i need another haircut, i know i know i know
I was a bit too inebriated and Dean was tired, Dean reasoned me home. Thanks boet.
Needed more time, next time.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Dean sleepingDean sleeping
Dean sleeping

Better than TV
Bedroom FloorBedroom Floor
Bedroom Floor

as always
Our Best FriendOur Best Friend
Our Best Friend

Cheapest beer, AC!!, and cheapest booze.


2nd April 2006

Hi Lloyd! Thailand sounds amazing. I am there soon. Teri and Sandy are going in May!

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 32; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb