Koh Tao and Asia Dive Resort


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
January 5th 2010
Published: January 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We caught the fast boat over to Koh Tao and the trip lasted around 2 hours. We stood at the back of the boat just in case Jacinta got sea sick as she was ill yesterday on the boat. A lady came outside in the last half hour and had a private moment over the edge of the boat. Jacinta asked me to have a look how far away we were from the mainland, I stuck my head out to get a clear view of our path and my hat caught the wind and blew off in the ocean, Dam dam dam. We turned up at the jetty and it was great not to have to worry about transport to the hotel as my dive package included transfers. You are always bombarded by taxi drivers wanting to take you to a hotel. The first thing they say is “Taxi taxi taxi, where you going?” It gets annoying when you have to say NO at least three times to each taxi driver and when there’s 20 off them on the jetty it gets very frustrating. The island looked very beautiful when driving through the small streets and within 5min of driving we turned up at our hotel called Asia Dive Resort. As soon as we walked into reception we were immediately greeted and attended too. I was introduced to my dive master Jean Michel and got help from a dive instructor with filling out all the paperwork and medical reports. We watch a 2 hour video that afternoon and sat an exam. With 2 units complete the four of us stayed back to finish the third unit for tomorrow. We finished the day at 8:30pm and went straight out to dinner to fill a starving stomach.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb