Ko Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
December 4th 2009
Published: January 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Ko Tao following a nine hour night bus from Bangkok to Chumphon. The ride was actually quite comfortable, this was probably due to our lack of sleep in the last 48 hours! When we arrived in Chumphon at six am we then had to take a two hour boat ride over to Ko Tao, finally happy to be back on the coast, we were in reasonably high spirits and boarded the boat. When the crew started handing around sick bags we laughed and refused. Having travelled several times on boats both in good and bad weather (quite regally in the last couple of weeks) we never get sea sick and actually quite enjoy a rough ride!!

The boat started of ok, then the waves got bigger and bigger after about ten minuets of constantly smashing against huge waves Mykal came over all sweaty and stated that he needed to go to the bathroom now still feeling fine myself I laughed. Then after another hour of constant waves, it suddenly hit me I went grey, clammy and felt very very sick (Mykal still hadn't returned from the bathroom!) and even sicker at the thought of walking (or falling ) to the back of the boat to find a toilet & Mykal. In the end a crew member gave me a plastic bag (& rubbed my back!!) to vomit in. I finally made it to the back of the boat, with every one along the way vomiting or looking vey green, to find what looked like a war seen out side with several bodies lying on the floor and Mykal with head between legs on the stairs! Even the crew looked like they were dying!! We have never experienced anything like it in our lives, We were all therefore elated to arrive in Ko Tao!

Ko Tao is a small island famous for diving most people do their dive masters there, having completed our PADI course in Vietnam we decided to go there to do some diving. The island is very laid back full of dive schools and bars and restaurants, not the best beaches as mostly they has been built upon but crystal clear waters & schools of tropical fish often seen around the beach.

We stayed on Ko Tao for four days, ventured the island by motorbike and went on two fun dives around the island, we dived at a site famous for bull sharks and everyone on the dive saw them but us! (i couldn't make my mind up if this a was a good or bad thing!) It was lovely to be in a relaxed place and once again enjoying ourselves following the stress of losing our passports!

Next we went off to Ko Phayham


Advertisement



Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb