Turtle Island


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
September 20th 2008
Published: September 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Good evening,

Last time I wrote I think we were in SaPa. After a mammoth journey from the North of Vietnam we are now in the gulf coast of Thailand on a small island called Kho Tao. Before leaving for a bit of travelling I had in my mind an image of a tropical paradise island. Kho Tao is basically that image. Im pretty sure that all the islands around here are that image, but this is the first we have visited.

Kho Tao is primarily a diving island and thats what were here to do. We signed up to complete our PADI Open Water Course and are now one day from finishing. I love it. The first two dives were today, and although visibility was pretty poor, I just love being underwater. We have a number of drills to complete like taking your mask off and practicing using your buddy's air supply but everything went swimmingly (did you like that?) Tomorrow we go to 18m foir our final two dives and im hoping the early start will mean we can see some better fish and the visibility is a little better. We shall see.

It's another pretty sort entry im afraid. We're planning on staying here for a day or two after finishing, to soak up some rays and recover from the pretty intense four days. Then its on to Kho Samui (aka chav island from what I hear) for a day to see what its like before crossing over to Krabi and Kho Phi Phi for the final leg of our journey.

Until next time chaps,

Stay safe, and watch out for the trigger fish...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb