M.V TRIDENT


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
January 19th 2008
Published: April 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Towards the end of january a group of us got together and charted a boat do do some wreck diving. Every one in the group was an instructor or dm or dmt, we all thought it was a great way to spend some time off work and relax. We Hired the m.v trident a steel hulled boat that works out of koh tao. Trident is a big boat and easily took care of our group of around 16. So we set off at 8 and got to the site of the wreck called the "unicorn" which sank in the 1980's it was a cargo ship of about 40m in length that lies in 50m of water. One of the Tec instructors went down with a line and attached it to the forward mast of the unicorn. Now we had a decent line to go down on. We then split into groups of four, with one Tec guy to lead the dive. Now because of the depth involved we had to get down quick so off we went head first pulling ourselves down the line to the wreck, 45m in less than 2mins is no mean feat but it gave us a bit more time down there and of course a few of us got really narked.







The wreck was great, really interesting to swim along side it and explore it's holds and wheelhouse. We got to a depth of around 50m by the stern near the sand and went into deco after around 5 mins! but it was a brill dive and good wreck. So we start our ascent and go back up the line stopping at various depths according to my computer. when we get to 5m there is a bar under the boat to do your remaining deco stop witch is supplied with pure oxygen from the surface. So we did one more dive to the same wreck after our rest on the boat.







On the way back the crew lit up a BBQ and the boat made it's way slowly back to koh tao. The food was brill and the beer was cold and the sun was out in force. Everyone was happy and in a good mood. We forgot about work for one day and had a real good party which of course spilled out into the night back on koh toa. What a top day out.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb