Slack!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
March 2nd 2008
Published: March 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi kids!!

sorry i have been very slack at this i realise, mostly due to the fact the internet is rather annoying here, and i am just far too lazy!!

spent the first 3 days of our trip in bangkok. the place is nuts, and after discovering it is quite similiar to magaluf (drink or die!) we did a few temples, did a more than a few bottles of whiskey, invented a game called 'spot the sex tourist', met a wonderful german girl called kate (our new travelling companion!) and set off to the island of Koh Tao in search of the beach!

and we found it, and it was beautiful! however, somewhere along the way, Lucy managed to persuade me it would be a fun idea to learn how to dive. In theory it was. In practise...well not so good! turns out i spent most of the time shitting myself & obviously was the biggest idiot in dive school. my humiliation was made worse by the fact the wet suit they gave me had a rip in the back side, so whoever was swimming behind me got to see my arse. wonderful!! but after a couple of dives, and more than a couple of freak outs, it was actually quite amazing, seeing the world underwater. once i find a cure for my tropical ear infection, i will be diving some more while i am here!!

so after we graduated dive school, lucy & i decided the best thing to do was spend a further 5 days on Koh Tao, sunbathing, drinking, & hanging around with new found friends, making them jump through flaming hoops on the beach & generally being bums. it was fabulous. we also decided to take kate to the infamous full moon party. apprently we had an amazing time. the photos would suggest so!! our boat got lost on the way and a 1.5hr trip turned into a 4.5hr one. and it decided to rain a lot. but other than that it was a fun party, maybe too fun! met some awesome people & overdosed on house music!! the boat ride home was not as fun let me tell you.

we decided to do some real travelling though and went to Kuala Lumpur. it was a bit of a culture shock after being on a paradise island but it was interesting & i resisted the temptation to buy a world of designer cack.

my present location is borneo. don't ask how we got here, i'm not sure myself. (but i don know that it included a 4 hours baot ride, 20hr train ride & 4 hour bus ride, whilst i was convinced i had malaria. turns out it was just flu or something...!!!) Plan is to go look at orang-utans in the jungle, go tribal & stay in a long house with some locals and then head back to paradise island to meet sam & katie (for those of you that know them!!)

sorry this is a bit muddled and a bit dull!! I'll try keep it more up to date so you will all have something fun to read!!

love & lots of it! bx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb