Paradise during Monsoon Season


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
November 4th 2007
Published: November 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Despite terrible weather in Ko Tao, we still had a good time. We arrived in a downpour, so our bags and anything in them not in ziplocs got soaked. For some reason the taxis here are all pickup trucks, so our stuff had to ride in the back in the rain. We decided to pick a decent place to stay because we figured we'd be in the room a lot (which we were), so we made sure the TV had some English channels (which it did - HBO and Cinemax). We stayed at Ban's Diving Resort. Apparently everyone comes to Ko Tao to dive, which we knew, but if you're not diving then you're like a 3rd-class citizen. We wanted to do some snorkeling, but the water was choppy and if it wasn't raining, it was pretty grey. Oh well.

Last night was lots of fun though. We went to Chopper's, an Aussie pub with great food and lots of TV's. They had the Arsenal - Man Utd match on, which was really exciting. The place was absolutely packed. They really love the Premier League over here. You can't even get service while there's a match on because all the staff are just as into it as anyone else, if not more so. It's hilarious.

Anyway, that's it for now. We're taking the boat to Chumphon in an hour and then the bus from there to Bangkok. Should be good. More from there!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.2016s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb