Ko Tao day 2


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
June 2nd 2007
Published: June 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Got up rather late and after getting ready I headed down to the Budda bar next door for some lunch.

Afterwards I went to the beach in front of the Sunshine drivers resort and read and wrote a bit. Chalok Baan Kao bay is very picturesque but for some reason today not much of a breeze was coming in so after an hour and a half I needed to leave as it was getting way too hot.

Spent some time checking out what was around, which didnt take very long as there isnt that much around, then went and checked some emails.

Headed back to sunchine and sat and watched a bit of family guy before having to start my PADI diving course.

Today we were simply going to watch a video for the first two chapters of the course (4 chapters in total) which runs us through the basic knowledge and skills required (alot of it straight forward and common sense based.) This took about 1 hour and a half and got a little tedious near the end. Got to met the rest of th group though, Fes (Pakistani Brit), Kurstin (german) and our instructor Tim (Canadian) and Assistant Instructor Phil aka Flipper (American.) Everyone seemed really nice and sound. Tim and Phil gave us a run down of what will be on the agenda for the next three days before myself and the other two students (plus Kurstens husband Jurgen) headed off for a couple of drinks and a bite to eat at the Budda buffet.

Talked for a while before we all headed our separte ways.

Sad but true but I did head back to my room to study my PADI guide and the first four chapter knowledge questionaires (warm ups for the theory exam) then go to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.539s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 81; dbt: 0.4838s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb