Swimming with the fishes


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
April 7th 2007
Published: April 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Team Zissou



Koh Tao is a beautiful island. We thought it was just a good place for scuba diving but it turned out to be the best island we'd visited so far. The sea was crystal clear and the reef starts only a couple-dozen meters from the shore. We managed to land a cheap bungalow right on the beach for Bonny's birthday so we strung up our hammocks and settled in for a week or so of Rum, sand and sea.

Before we started our open-water course, we took a snorkelling trip to go swimming with black-tip reef sharks!! We saw loads of them! Only about 5/6 feet long but they look real cool. like mini man-eaters! Then we took our course and chilled out with blue-spotted stingrays, giant moray eels, hawk'sbill turtles and Nemo himself.

After here we went on to Ko Lanta- a beautiful, rugged island where you can see lot of evidence of Tsunami damage. After there we made our way to a tiny island called Ko Lipe (3sq km ), right out in the Andaman sea. We don't have any photos cos our camera batteries packed in.

Then finally, we made our
Red sky...Red sky...Red sky...

...sherpards pie!
way into Malaysia and over to the Pulau Perentians. On these little islands on the east coast of Malaysia are where we took our advanced diving course!! Unfortunately the sea was swarming with large jellyfish so that avoiding stings was impossible. Even so, we dived a shipwreck and went for a night dive! It was amazing and has qualified us to dive down to 30 meters. So now we're all set for Pulau Sipadan in Borneo, the Gili isles in Indonesia and the Great Barrier Reef in Oz. We're actually in Borneo right now (May 1) and are preparing for a few expeditions into the rainforest, up mountains and under the sea. Our cameras are up and running again so by the time we get back and head off to Bali we should have some really cool pics to show you!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Gypsy HutGypsy Hut
Gypsy Hut

This is Ad and Bons hut on the beach, with all of our tut on it! hehe
Ness and BonNess and Bon
Ness and Bon

Just chillin'
A little too choppy!!!!!A little too choppy!!!!!
A little too choppy!!!!!

But we still jumped! Another dive site.
Water festivalWater festival
Water festival

This a Thai holiday, where have a day long water fight with anyone and everyone you meet!
Water festivalWater festival
Water festival

This was on the last day of our 'open water' diving course! A wicked memory.


2nd May 2007

WOW!
the diving sounds truely amazing! what an experience, cant wait to hear more when ur back, take care xx
7th May 2007

Fantastic!!!
Have just had very green!! evening reading through your reports .... it sounds fantastic! The tigers must have been just awesome ....I think it must have been reather scary- didn`t your brain shout NO!!!!?? Lovely diving memories . and love the suit. Pete!! Loads of love, MumXXX

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb