Luxury in Koh Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
February 20th 2007
Published: March 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bry speaking: We got a bus/ferry from Bangkok arriving in Koh Tao 9am ish. The water was amazingly clear, quite stunning. After a quick coffee and breakfast stop on the beach we head off in search of accomodation. Tom had hunted out a fab little place with its own pool and everything! But, it wasn't available until the next night. So, as I'd overpaid my credit card we splashed out on the most expensive room on the beachfront for one night. 70 quid... for which, as you'd expect, the room was really something with amazing views over the bay. I think the staff thought we were really funny booking just one night, so they knocked a bit off for us strange backpapcker people.

The next day we checked into the place Tom had found online. Half the price, twice the luxury. With only three rooms, each has its own plunge pool, massive living room and stunning views. But the best thing was definitely the live-in puppy called 'Spring Roll' (pronounced 'spwin wol'). Dead cute, even cat-loving me couldn't resist him. We chilled out and started on our Spanish CDs in earnest, 4 more hours to do and apparently we'll be chatting along merrily... here's hoping. Tom took himself off snorkeling, I couldn't go because I had no prescription goggles and so wouldn't have seen a thing... but to be honest a bit of time by myself reading a good book and taking a dip in our private pool really was no hardship.

Tom speaking: I had a day snorkelling trip around the island. Lo and behold, the replacement camera we bought in Bangkok for the one Bry lost in Laos turned out to not live up to it's '1.5 metres waterproof' boast, on the first snorkel, and that was that....(before you ask, it was exactly the same model as before and that one was fine). So, I'll have to go to a Pentax dealer in Singapore probably and kick up a fuss.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb