Global Nomads


Advertisement
Published: June 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

If you were to blow up a balloon to the point it resists further expansionand then let go, it would likely set off around the room in a haphazard screech. Trying to describe and analyze the course that balloon takes would be akin to me writing this blog in its descriptive entirety. I could plough through it trying my utmost to explain every twist and turn, but after all is said and done you’d be... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

KivaKiva
Kiva

Surin Islands NP
'editing''editing'
'editing'

Surin Islands NP
editingediting
editing

Surin Islands NP
intercultural tagintercultural tag
intercultural tag

Surin Islands NP
playing deadplaying dead
playing dead

Surin Islands NP
Modern life is rubbish...Modern life is rubbish...
Modern life is rubbish...

Satellites and door numbers. Surin Islands NP
Ancestral Ancestral
Ancestral

Surin Islands NP
Kiva, Ao Mai NgamKiva, Ao Mai Ngam
Kiva, Ao Mai Ngam

Surin Islands NP
getting the shot.getting the shot.
getting the shot.

Surin Islands
KivaKiva
Kiva

Phuket Island
Surin Islands NPSurin Islands NP
Surin Islands NP

Ao Mai Ngam
Kiva, Ao Mai NgamKiva, Ao Mai Ngam
Kiva, Ao Mai Ngam

Surin Islands NP



13th June 2013

Another great blog of self and cultural analysis...
I just finished reading John McCabe's (Jabe's) book "Out of Office Male" about his decision to quit his 9-5 IT job with a financial services firm, and hit the road for four years...all of which he blogged on TB. He has chapters of introspection and how travel affected him...changing his life. Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading your next blog about how you arrived in China and found your life there.
13th June 2013

cultural analysis
There's a blog coming soon but it isn't from where you think. I wouldn't even know where to begin in writing about our experiences in China.
13th June 2013

INSPIRING
Every line is inspiring. A true archaeological study based on real experiences. What else? Thank you.
13th June 2013

Thanks Graciela
Happy to inspire!
13th June 2013

ITS IN YOUR GENES
You know you can't help it Jason...you haven't been bitten by anything...you can analyse for years...makes no difference...once a nomad...always a nomad...or are you a gypsy?
13th June 2013

In the genes
In the genes - Apparently gypsies are characterized by their \"swarthy complexions\". I aspire to be a nomad, just like it says on the tin. I admit, I can psychoanalyze til the cows come home, but ultimately it is something within me. But so then must it be in everyone... How can they suppress it?
13th June 2013

Twist and Turns
Your story is interesting and we enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing a nomadic life. You are giving your kids a true gift. As you say reality is flux.
14th June 2013

A true gift
The travel is fun, every day an adventure. But the actual dropping down and living in a culture so different to our own is the real chalenge. Two months into our time here in China, Kiva asked if he could move our home to a place where there were no Chinese people! Nowadays he gets emotional when we leave.
13th June 2013

Inner travel and growth through change
Fabulous reflections on the nature of us chosen nomads! Travel without inner exploration is little more than voyeurism, but with an open mind that can look at new ways and question our old ones, we become so much richer and hopefully wiser. How lucky your children are to see that there are so many ways to BE in the world. I so admire your choice not to "settle down" just because you had them--you two are great models for parents. Live your dream and bring the kids along for the ride!
14th June 2013

Inner travel and growth through change
Inner travel and growth through change - Of course, it is possible to partake in inner existential exploration without ever leaving home. Whereas travel seems to provide an excellent way to scratch that inner itch, as long as it doesn’t degenerate into superficial consumption. I’ve started to think of the living in foreign cultures as the meat and two veg, and travel as the dessert. I think you are onto something with the voyeurism. We can learn much from watching, though to really comprehend we must empathize and that requires participation.
13th June 2013

Inspiring!
Thanks for the add on Twitter! You've got some awesome stories and pictures. I hope to explore other parts of Thailand besides BKK and Phuket. Safe travels!
14th June 2013

Thanks Thomas.
It is harder for me to get on Twitter these days since I'm behind the Great Firewall of China. But in a few short weeks we will be back on the road and I might even get to doin' some tweetin!

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 18; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb