Getting Away


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
August 25th 2014
Published: October 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We were up early and had just a few minutes to take a look at the beach. It had worn the brunt of the storm the previous night and wasn’t in great shape with debris all over the sand. We were briefly joined by a cat that wasted no time in making itself at home in the bungalow.

We were booked through to Bangkok with Air Asia and the TBH1200 each (NZD48) covered a ferry to the mainland, an hour bus trip to the airport and the 45 minute flight to Bangkok. The day went slowly and it was no surprise that we were both thinking about Koh Tao.

It was another hour on board a free bus from Don Muang Airport to Suvarnabhumi Airport where our flight was due to leave around 2000.

We were in one of the bulkhead seats that allowed us a little more legroom but Jo spotted a full spare row of three seats just behind us. I jumped out of my seat and claimed it. The final few passengers boarded and I looked with trepidation as each one of them passed my seats without claiming one.



I claimed all three seats and slept for half the flight before Jo woke me to stake her claim. We arrived in around 1000 and caught a taxi home… on the meter and at a significantly higher cost than any we’d taken on our 12 days in Thailand.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb