Seriously, rent a car on Samui!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
April 14th 2012
Published: April 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

When we arrived in Thailand, I swore that driving here would be suicidal and probably homicidal too. Zillions of motorcycles, 3 people on each, no helmets zipping all over the road at seemingly their own whim! The roads are narrow, even the major thoroughfares. Today,however, we took the plunge and rented an SUV to toodle around the island. Great day!!

We set off to the waterfall at Na Mueang, 80 meters high and about a 20 minute sweaty walk in the jungle, but totally worth it! About half way, there are rock pools that you can swim in, and the kids had a blast! Then on to the top to see the actual falls that were beautiful. The area is very well cared for by the folks that run the elephant trek outfit and the jungle safari zoo. We even got to feed a baby tiger, for a fee!

We decided then to head north along the west coast of Samui (not much tourist trade here) and landed at the fishermans village in BoPhut. If I came back here, this is where I'd stay....laid back, nice beach, good restaurants and a bit of shopping, but not crazy busy like Chaweng. We are based at the ShaSa, next to Centara on the south coast, which is wayyyyyy isolated from everything and $30 taxi ride from anywhere.

We ended with a good dinner at Dr Frogs, beautiful view and Ben declared the best pizza he'd ever had.

We didn't kill ourselves, or anyone else and didn't even get lost one time (it's a big circle, you'd have to work pretty hard to get lost) so I'd say it was a great success!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



14th April 2012

What an adventure!
I am loving the photos ( and the blog of your adventures!) You will all surely treasure the memories of this trip forever! My big trip this month was to Bellingham. Sorry no photos or blog. Keep having a great time!!

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb