Thai Cooking Class


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
April 4th 2005
Published: April 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Enough beach, lets cook!

Yesterday, we took our first Thai cooking class. Lisa and I decided to enroll as Jaime has a hard enough time not burning toast. We did very well, we were not the ones who got hot chillis in our eyes or cut our fingers! Feel sorry for those ladies... however, Lisa managed to turn the heat up a notch and the oil from the wok hit her arm, and subsequently she jerked the wok and hot green curry landed on my bare foot! haha . WE are the cooks.

The menu: :
Fresh Green Curry from scratch.
Green Curry chicken with roasted eggplant and potatoes
Spicy fish Soup (sounds not that good, but it was tasty)
Jumbo Prawns and asparagus in an Oyster sauce.

The class was pretty cool. Thai ladies did all the preperation for us, so we basically just had to learn about all the ingrediants and cut. And when I say cut, they mean cut fast (I think Lisa and I were the "slow" ones in the class) . They also showed us substitutions for the ingrediants in our own country. So get excited, there will be a Thai feast cooked especially from Lisa and coming soon.

After we finished preparing the dishes, Marcus and Jaime joined us to eat the feast in the dining room. All very fun!

Marcus made it to Ko Samui safe and sound, so we will be leaving to Laos tomorrow.

OH and the BEST Thing! Marcus has arranged so that we can drop off bags at the hotel in Bangkok... so let the shopping begin... oh wait, it already has! haha... Jaime is sitting on the beach as we speak thinking of what best "extra" bag would be approapriate to carry all the extra things we are going to buy today. ... Marcus just shakes his head at us, as we perfect our bargaining skills!

until next time
cheers
Natasha


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Our Thai TeacherOur Thai Teacher
Our Thai Teacher

You would be amazed at all the ingrediants they put in their food. They use all parts of the plant.
Natasha so Proud of her creationNatasha so Proud of her creation
Natasha so Proud of her creation

or was I just proud of surviving going from 40 degree heat outside to 40 degree heat cooking inside.
Our dinning table with our Thai creationOur dinning table with our Thai creation
Our dinning table with our Thai creation

I know the green table cloth doesnt flatter our creation the most.....


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb