Day 128 - Hectic journey to Ko Samui, Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
April 11th 2006
Published: June 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Up at 8am, checked out, got taxi to KL sentral just in time for 10am skybus to airport. Quick checkin and short flight to Phuket, no problem with Thai customs, 30 day visa on arrival. Taxi from airport drops us off in the middle of nowhere where we have to wait for the passing bus! The heavens open and we huddle under the bus shelter while a local guy stops riding his motorbike and shelters with us while having a conversation with myself in Thai ! I nod politely. Bus arrives and we speed through the hilly landscape to Sarathani where we are dumped by the roadside and a tout tries to rip us off with ferry tickets. We ignore him and buy the tickets from the ferry then wait for many hours drinking beer and accepting shots of Thai whisky from very drunk locals! Boarded the ferry for the sleepy 6 hour journey to Ko Samui. The ferry accommodation consists of 1 large communal deck with mats for each person to sleep on, it's mainly full of tourists. Arrive at 5am the next morning and take a taxi to Moonhut Bungalows where we wait and watch sunrise on the beach until the staff appear to let us in our room.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb