A short trip to Koh Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
October 3rd 2010
Published: November 30th -0001
Edit Blog Post

We took a short 'island hop' from Koh Phangan to Koh Samui by boat which only took about an hour. When we arrived we went passed many beautiful hotels and restaurents until we arrived at ours...first impressions: very cracked little concrete road and car park surrounded by a lot of little 'terrace flats', not exactly the same to what the brochure/leaflet had shown. However, we found that the room was clean and tidy with A/C and the bar and restaurent served good food and had a live band on every other night plus the beach was only a 5 minute walk away. So overall, not too shabby! ·Over the next few days we pretty much glued our selves to the beach and enjoyed (and suffered from) the extremely hot weather. Needless to say i got sunburnt again. Although, with my 80 pence sun cream from a company called 'ARON' (lol), it was to be expected!





Inbetween sun bathing and swimming we tried a couple of massages. I had the 'Aloe Vera Massage' for my sunburn and Sal had the traditional Thai massage which focuses on massaging the invisible energy lines in your body. Sally said it was very relaxing but quite hard not to laugh when they massaged her bum.

Koh Samui was very 'touristy' compared to Koh Phangan. The latter boasted great natural beauty and great Thai food. This was very different in Koh Samui where the variety of cusine is enormous. We visited a brazilian restaurent where they had brazilian girls dancing every hour and waitresses walking round with huge swords of barbequed chicken, pork, beef, chorizo aswel as a 50 piece salad bar which you could help yourself to at any time. This made a great change from the rice based dishes we had been eating for the last 10 days and was delicious!




On the last night we went to a beach party with an Irish couple we had met in Koh Phangan. This was a great night, we had buckets of Thai whisky and coke which were 250 baht each (5 quid for 8 shots of whisky and 2 cans of coke in a bucket). Among the nights entertainment were fire throwers which were impressive when 1 guy 'sling shotted' balls of fire 50 ft to another guy who caught it about 2m away from our table! There was also a the words 'Monkey Bay Koh Samui' burning in the sea which looked fantastic!





We now move on to Khao Sok National Park on the mainland to see what awaits us in the jungle...




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Me and Sal in The LoftMe and Sal in The Loft
Me and Sal in The Loft

The restaurent in the loft had tables and seats where you lie down and look out over the balcony towards the sea.
Me and Ross at Monkey Bay Beach PartyMe and Ross at Monkey Bay Beach Party
Me and Ross at Monkey Bay Beach Party

Buckets of whisky, vodka, tequila...


Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.014s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb