Ko Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
October 6th 2009
Published: October 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey,

Well what can we say...paradise. It only took us an hour to get here from Bangkok and arriving at the airport was quite an eye opener. The airport building was a series of wooden looking beach huts, with a different one for arrivals/departures etc. It was all really nice and so much easier to find our way around, ha ha! It was easy enough to get to the resort, we took a minibus from the airport which was good enough to take us directly to it. Luckily only a half hour drive from it as our bums left our seats quite a few times with the driving!!

I guess like any place that is pretty famous for visiting, it isn't as untouched as you would hope, there are still all the usual shops etc on the roads along the way. The resort we are staying at is a bit more remote and has a lovely part of the beach and view out towards Koh Phangan so we had our own wee pocket of paradise. As it was quite remote, there isn't much about for nightlife etc so we have stayed in the resort the whole time. Luckily the food is excellent in the restaurant and it has been really nice to relax after doing the fast paced city seeing for the past 3 weeks!

Managed to get myself a bit burnt but at least I am evening out the tan lines on my arms - phew. We have also managed to get through a fair bit of our books although with all this lying around and eating, we are a bit worried that we will pile on the little weight we have managed to lose in the last few weeks!! Not much but every little counts with the wedding coming up! Russ has also been practicing his Hoff impressions on the beach and his swimming. Think he has been telling me porkies cause he has been swimming better than he said he would.

He has been making me laugh with his girly shrieks every time an ant crawls up him or a fly lands on him. Best yet, the night before last I was in the bathroom when the infamous shriek came yet again only this time it was a lizard that had found its way into the room, ha ha. Poor wee thing was terrified but we persevered and managed to get it outside - fast little creatures.......only to find tonight that it is back in here!

We also managed to get to grips with the timer on the camera, hence the dodgy pics of us together....I'm sure there will be more of them to come yeah!

Leaving here tomorrow for Phuket, got an early start so will say ciao for now xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



9th October 2009

Lizards!
Hey, the wee lizards are everywhere, we were initially a bit freaked by them but they tend to do there lizard thing and then go away. I have to say, Russell looks like a young Mark Spitz (Google image him, you know what I'm talking about, ha ha!) Have fun in Phuket! Tuk-Tuk!!!
10th October 2009

Lizards!
Hey, i googled Mark Spitz and had a good laugh, Russ is growing himself a tache as I type ha ha. Phuket great so far although 'rainy season' seems to be worse here! Lucky up until now though. Hope it clears for tomorrow, we have a trip to go on. Hope all is well and Vic is feeling better. lots love xxx

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb