Leaving in a Hurry cane.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
March 25th 2008
Published: April 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Koh Samui sucked , stayed here two nights, had a good look around all we saw was big resorts and old men with young thai wifes. If you are in your young 70 ties and want to show off your white hairdue and big stomach, just go for it..no problem finding people to rekinder with. The whole island was in a building boom, felt like the english men that stayed with a local wife just had to by that beach property.., force all the other poorly thaipeople further in against the mainland and closing all acess to the ocean by putting up fences and a guard by the entrance. The coast area isn't longer avaliable, unless you as mentioned earlier have a big wallet and no fantasy for travels. Maby check in for two weeks at a Spa and Beach Resort and just stay there, everything sorted from dinners to diving. But for backpackers that just want cheap bungalow by the beach it's impossible, some smaller resorts actually have kind of cheap places but then you have to enjoy a good night sleep in a prison cell. Remote and far from the beach in such a small hut that you pray for that bike ride in the morning. For Lamai beach you could find a hut for 400 B but since it's almoast the last open beach on the Island a lot of locals crowd the area and you have to jump over piles of trash and tip toe around bottles and blankets. We had a dinner there, some bikini bar with ribs and beer. Great for to starving travellers that chared a kilo!

The bike saved us. From remote Moon Bungalow, the place with moast frogs in thailand..to busy Na Thon at night. The town that smells like monkeys, personal favourite and filled with fishstands and bugs at night. Big plus for all the nice people, maby they where just so surprised over our age that they just had to smile, everyone under 70..is a big wow!

We checked out of our accomodation in the morning and wanted to go check another part of the island out or maybe move islands. We headed back into town fully loaded with all our bags and the two of us on a little scooter reminded us of DUMB AND DUMBER with Jim Carrery with his mbike in the movie as we had simliar problems going up steep hills with all our weight and getting weird looks from the locals and laughing ours arses off.

We went back to the womens shop where we hired the motorbike and she also sold boat/train tickets. We asked what were our options where and she told us about krabi and that the boat was leaving in 15 minutes. So we quickly paid her 350 baht each and had to run down the road to catch the bus. Well we made it and had a 2 hour ferry infront of us with a 4 hour bus ride to our destination Krabi which was back in the mainland.



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb