A Lot of Nothing


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
December 10th 2007
Published: December 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Big BuddahBig BuddahBig Buddah

.....from afar
Although we don’t do much of anything the time is just flying by, many days we look at the clock to see that it is already after 4 and we always ask where the day went. The house is not exactly as the pictures show due to the fact that they are building a hotel or a very big house across the street, we could accept the fact that the view is not exactly as shown but the noise of construction and the lack of privacy cannot be ignored. We are currently fighting with Julie and her company Zen Property (need to do that for the negative publicity) to come up with an acceptable solution. So far her reaction is “too bad for you” which is probably how it will turn out but we don’t do anything quietly and have made sure that anyone and everyone we talk to knows of the problems with Zen Properties and their lying and scamming of customers. We have spent some time looking for a new house but the market is not great over the holidays so we will see what happens come January.

Other than that we are loving doing nothing and continue to explore and find things we missed last year. Jo from the car rental place we use remembers us and I think we got a good deal at 15K for the month especially considering that it is over the holidays. We are having fun ordering all of our favourite things in each restaurant we visit and have already found a couple of new dishes we love. The theory is that if they say it is chicken and I think it is chicken then it is ok. We had lunch yesterday at the dollar café it is at the end of the airport runway (total cost for 3 dishes, rice, and drinks $5.00) where and I almost fell off my chair laughing when Mike ducked below table level when the first plane came in to land. So much for chivalry. To his defense it did seem close enough to touch a wheel but still, when was the last time a plane crashed on Samui……1990 if you really want to know. Your hear about many more problems in Phuket and I do think that that airport is worse that Samui’s given that the cement of the runway almost touches the ocean.
Big & MeanBig & MeanBig & Mean

First Water Buffalo we have actually seen in water

Pictures to come once we get a better internet connection



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Broken PostBroken Post
Broken Post

Post that used to be all in one piece until Mike backed into it!
The PlaceThe Place
The Place

New house constructed on the beach
Grass ShacksGrass Shacks
Grass Shacks

still standing in the same spot but turned 180 degrees


Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb