Ko Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
March 23rd 2007
Published: March 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Lamai BeachLamai BeachLamai Beach

The Beach, with clouds something we have not seen many of for a while.
Ko Samui, what is there to say?

Its better than Phuket and Ao Nang. It's one of the biggest islands in Thailand off the gulf coast.

Its very picturesque with really nice beaches and a very green interia with the usual hills and forests.

It has had tourists here for a long town and is still a bit like the Costa Del Sol, in the sence that there are the usual holiday British and Irish Bars , fish and chips, massive hotels, tacky shops and fake t-shirts that kinda make you wonder if you are really in Thailand.

But of course you are, as the scenery, the people and the street food stalls remind you of this, its just us moaning again.

We stayed in a place called the Best Resort, best by name , cheapest by nature. Only (300B) 5 quid a night for the cheapest rooms and you get to use the resort pool. Thats pretty good for Ko Samui.

Our four days were spent sitting on the beach and sitting by the pool, activities that get a bit boring after a few hours. We met up with Vikki and Brendan whom
Ko SamuiKo SamuiKo Samui

The inside of the island is full of hills and nice scenery. Shame about the neon off the beach.
we spent Christmas with and who happened to be around. Went to a few bars and a night club called green mangos.

Experienced Ko Samui's seedy underbelly, as you wander around you see that many of the bars are staffed by a suspiciously high number of scantily clad female bar staff, particularly at Lamai beach where we were staying. Lots of people (a few of which we met) come to thailand year in and year out to visit these GO GO Bars. Its a bit sleazy really, not a family destination.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 19; qc: 80; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb