Different World


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
January 19th 2007
Published: January 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well another update. We get slowly adjusted to the temperature AND time difference. Yesterday we got a guide to tour us around the island. After another breakfast on the beach (with delicious fresh fruits) we took off at 9.00. First we went to Na Thon, a village where the ferry arrives from the main land, used to be the main city before the airport was builtin Ko Samui. The driving style is here totally different. First of all driving on the left side, then an amazing amount of people on scooters, who pass you left and right. So far we have seen one traffic light on the Island. We had to buy some things and it is amazing how many people work in a store. Then there is also an amazing amount of restaurants, from big to very tiny places, you can not go on a diet here, too much food around you. (Yes we have tried the pancakes with warm bananes and chocolate on the corner stand !!! Absolutely JAMMIE ).

First we went to a snake show, see the pictures, very interesting they had some crocodiles there too, with very nice teeth. Then we went to a waterfall, had to hike/climb for a good 25 min in the heat, but the finish was a waterfall with a kind of pond in front of it, very refreshing. There was a gorgious view of the island. Then we toured more of the islands, went to some special rocks and were planning to go zipping. But the kids were getting a bit tired so went to some other view points, then back to the pool. It is amazing how some Thai people live here, some bamboo sticks with plywood and tarp that is there house, but they will always look clean and nicely dressed. The people from Ko Samui are very friendly, never in a hurry and love kids with blond hair !!!!!!

Today a lazy day in and around the pool and the beach, Meindert didn't feel great this morning, some immodium and 4 hours of extra sleep later, he woke up and asked when we were having food..... It rained a bit here today, some down pours but still warm enough to sit outside and play crib (this is for the teachers : We keep the kids doing simply math)

Enjoy the new photos




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



19th January 2007

Wow, it looks gorgeous there! Sounds like you are having a great time. Thanks for the updates...we look forward to them every day! Take care, Lucille

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb