Arrived in Paradise


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
January 17th 2007
Published: January 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi everybody,

After flying for a long time, we arrived safe and well in Koh Samui. What a change from -5C and snow to 30 something !!!!!! The flight to HongKong was good, a little bit more legroom would have been nice, but great airplane food, even Remmert eat most of it.
Lots of movies and games for the kids and I slept most of the trip ( I guess some catching up to do). Arriving at the airport of HongKong, we understood why this is the capital of shopping....... even the airport had anything and everything to offer, even Starbucks)

From Hongkong to Bangkok was only 2 hrs 45 min and we could get an earlier flight to Koh Samui. So by 4.00 in the afternoon we were diving in the pool, nice and refreshing.

We were all in bed last night at 8.00 and slept till about 8.00 this morning in an airconditioned room. Today will be a relaxing, reading books, swimming in the pool and ocean day. breakfast and dinner on the beach. The kids have been snorkeling already. A lot of Thai people adore Sabien, blond hair, big smile, they all like to shake her hand. She got even her nails done (guess what colours ? handnails pink, toenails purple).


Well my book and the lazy chair are calling me, we'll stay in touch.

Mir



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



17th January 2007

Pink handnails and purple toenails! :)
Thanks for the update! The girls in the class already miss Sabien! I'll show them the entry tomorrow morning at Calendar time and perhaps we'll type a bit more then too! Take care!
17th January 2007

Paradise
Fijn dat jullie goed zijn aangekomen. Locatie perfect. Remmert nog niet gesport? Is het voor jou niet veel te relaxed? Zal dit weekend aan jullie denken en een Thai kookboek pakken. Moi, de tuintjes.
17th January 2007

Sabien's classmates say hi!
All names are initials only (sorry!), so you'll have a little bit of work to do Sabien! We read the entry and want to say a few things: A.S: "I hope that you're having a good time in Thailand." C.U: "Hi Sabien! I hope you have a good time there." O.S: "How do you like it in Thailand?" J.K.: "Hi Sabien! Are you having fun?" C.P: "Have you seen a shark yet?" 8-P K.E.: "Have you seen lots of animals?" We know and understand if you can't answer these, but know that we miss you! Mr. M
18th January 2007

paradise is right
the long flight was definitely worth it judging from the pictures. Still snow around here but temps are great and the sun often around. 30 C is fine compared to Australia, where they postponed the afternoon tennis with 40 temps, will write again. have fun.

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb