Bye bye Phi Phi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
January 27th 2017
Published: January 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

I am currently writing this post aboard the dingiest boat I've ever been on. We are en route to Ko Lanta and we couldn't be happier!

That being said, our last day in Phi Phi has been my favourite day of the trip so far! We got a boat trip along with 15 other people around the islands. We saw Monkey Beach, Viking Cave, Maya Bay, Shark Point, Bamboo Island and a little lagoon. We spent the day snorkelling, exploring, sunbathing and seeing wild monkeys up close. A couple of highlights of the day:

We were on Monkey Island, and here you get off the boat and can actually touch/feed the monkeys, however you do this at your own risk, they are after all wild! A guy on our boat was semi antagonising the monkeys, trying to get them to climb on him etc. A cute baby monkey eventually climbed up his arm distracting him. When his back was turned a big monkey leapt on his shoulders and took his glasses (seeing not sunglasses) off his face! As he attempted to grab them back the little monkey bit his hand and the big one ran up a tree with the glasses in his hand! They tried to lure the monkey down with food but the monkey wasn't having any of it! Poor lad spent the rest of the trip blind and thinking he had rabies!

The second highlight was snorkelling which I've never done before! Swimming amongst lots of pretty colourful fish was so much fun! Until the men on the boat threw watermelon at me causing hundreds of fish to swarm around me rushing to eat it! They were biting my fingers and legs! Whilst Mikey was floating around he randomly got bitten on the nip by a fish, I think it thought he was a tasty snack!

We crashed out as soon as we got back to our room, lots of swimming and sea air takes it out of you! That brings us to now....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb