Ko Phi Phi Don


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
November 7th 2012
Published: February 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The island was crowded. This was obvious from the first step off the boat that we had shared with a guy and his pet gibbon dressed in dungarees!

We had a rough idea of where we wanted to stay which was useful as it was push and shove as we came down the jetty. Theres prbably a hundred Guest houses in about 2km squared. Within 2 minutes of arriving Jordan and I decided to get tattoos here so after a quick manicure we found a tattoo place we liked the look of.

I had mine done and over in about an hour but Jord sat there for the rest of the night while Surf and I explored the local night life. We watched the amazing fire display at Slinkeys and met a couple of American guys and danced the night away with them.

Day 2 - Hangover day

Day 3 - Weather was on and off so a tiny bit of time spent on the beach before we went up to the veiw point. Another steep hike but much shorter then the one in Krabi and again most worth it! We had a good Red Thai curry in Anna's restaurant that night, then we went to Jordans Irish pub and finally ended up in Banana Rooftop bar which we ended up for the rest of the night.

Day 4 - Hangover day

but we did get ourselves together and hire a boat to Maya Bay (the beach in the film 'The Beach.'😉 The boat ride was another terrifying one and it wasn't a beach to beach service. We had to jump off the boat where theres a gap inbetween two cliffs about 15m up. After a short swim you have to climb up a thin network of ropes to gain access which was pretty painful in bare feet with the waves crashing in!

The Bay was gorgeous and quiet enough for us to enjoy it, which I believe is pretty unusual.

Day 5 - Said goodbye to Surf 😞 Then Jordan and I relaxed for the day/evening ready for our journey to Railay in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb