The perfect wedding day


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
February 5th 2011
Published: February 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

From the moment we arrived in Phi Phi we knew this was going to be special. Michael had just about survived the boat transfer (no thanks to his horrific Patong fuelled hangover), but everyone else was in good spirits! We were greated with cold towels and virgin Pina Colada which went down very nicely in the 30 degree heat! They then took us through the check-in procedure and we even got an upgrade to a beach front suite!

The Phi Phi Island Beach Resort was gorgeous and the attention to detail was amazing. The staff were out every morning trimming flowers to put in the water features, on the beds, balconies and even in the toilet bowl! Food and drink wasn't as expensive there as I'd thought it would be either. Cocktails were around 220THB and local beer 90THB, which although still expensive by Thailand standards, wasn't as disgusting as it could have been!

We spent the days in the run up to the wedding by the pool, apart from Nathan who spent it trying to beat Jo at a swimming race (I think we all know how that panned out!). We also consumed copious amounts of Pina Colada's and Singah beer. The poor pool bar guy didn't know what had hit him when the 28 us arrived!

We had been starting to get a bit concerned as to how the wedding was going to come together, as it had really just been arranged in under an hour with the hotel manager. It turns out we had no need to worry as the day ran like clockwork. Jo, mum and I went for a massage in the hill top spa on the morning of the wedding which was very relaxing. The hotel sent me a little helper who waited outside my room on the off chance that I'd needed anything, and then she drove us down to the beach for the ceremony.

I'm now going to attempt to load some of my dad's pictures which I think sums up the day!

We're off to Cambodia on saturday when the real honeymoon begins!?! xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



9th February 2011

race
it was close :-)
9th February 2011

Congratulations Emma and Dave!!
Hi Em, So pleased to see that you both had an amazing day. You look absolutely stunning and very happy. Congratulations to you both and have an amazing time in Cambodia! Look forward to seeing all the pictures. Love Fran and Steve xxx

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb