Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
April 21st 2010
Published: April 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

When we crossed the Malaysia-Thailand border, we realised that we were rushed for time as they only gave us a 14 day Visa. This was a good thing in a way as we knew we only had 5 weeks to fit in 4 more countries. Our first stop in Thailand was Phuket - which is a very package holiday resort. The each was golden, the skies were blue and the sun was beaming, a great way to spend a week or so. But we got a bid fed up with the ''Costa - del - sol"of Thailand. We stayed in Phuket for 3 days where we spent much of the time on the beach, and the evenings at one of numerous bars - trying to avoid the Ladyboys! So we then took a trip to Ko Phi Phi, the island where the film "the Beach"was filmed. This is paradise! The most incredibly beautiful set of islands imaginable. The first day we were there we spent it on the beach, which was incredibly relaxing and perfect. The second day was amazing! We spent the day Island/beach hopping and snorkelling in between. When we went snorkelling it was just like swimming with the fishes, even though I couldn''t go deep enough down. There were some amazing coral reefs as well. We saw some amazing caves and cliff sides as well, and ended the day watching the sunset into the ocean. Brilliant!

After Ko Phi Phi, we took 2 boats and a bus to Ko Phangan island - the backpackers'party capital. These were the laziest days I had on my trip so far! The Hotel we stayed at was a good resort with everything you need - restaurant, swimming pool, lounge room and close to the beach, so there was no need to leave! I spent the days in the pool, the nights with a Chang in my hand (the Thai Beer)! So not much othere than that happened there! After Ko Phangan, we took a flight to Bangkok, so we could go to Cambodia. We didn't go into central Bangkok, as that place is going to explode! I hope it's safe for my return Journey.

Currently in Cambodia, continuing with the adventures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb