Malaysia and the F1 GP


Advertisement
Published: April 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

The Majority of our time in Malaysia was spent watching the Formula 1 GP! Our initial tickets were not that good so we upgraded them for another 20 pounds (even though the ticket office staff there were useless - surprise, suprise!). the view was fantastic as we could see multiple corners and a bit of straight too. After the first few laps when all the cars of bunched together, there are then always cars coming round, the sound is defening! It was a fantastic experience, the atmosphere around the track was very good too, as there were people from all nationalities there! The hotel we stayed at in KL was next to a very vibrant area. It was very busy during the day and was always buzzing. We were next to the Times Square building which is a 10 story shopping mall. We also went to see the Petronas towers which are very impressive, but we couldn't go up as they are closed on Mondays.

After KL, we went to Penang, which is an island on the North west coast. It was such a contrast to KL, as it was very Laid back and a slower pace of life. The Island is Full of Colonial buildings which are nice, but the main feature was the amount of food stalls which were there. There was a night market where the stalls sell all sorts of South east Asian dishes. We decided to go to Penang as it broke up our journey to Thailand, but it was a good experience being there! Malaysia will be remembered though for the F1 GP! Incredible!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb