Bungy jumping in Phuket and B'day celebrations in Phi Phi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
August 7th 2009
Published: August 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: 3,2,1... bungy 26 secs
Paul did a bungy jump in Phuket. Hopefully you will be able to see the video. (Paul is adamant that I mention it is me screaming as he jumps)

The ferry to Phi Phi is an experience I would like to forget. (not looking forward to the boat trip to Krabi) We did not know much about Phi Phi but fortunately on the ferry we met a Dutch couple who told us about Long beach, so we followed their advice and were very pleased at what we found!!! It is a very quiet beach with only 4 small resorts. First we has a look at the cheapest option. Paul went in first and I just peeked in. I was so pleased that the look on his face straight away told me that we would not be staying there!!! We continued up the beach (with backpack, my walking with pack skills have not improved) and found 'Paradise Pearl' . Lovely bungalow on the beach. We went for the bungalow which had a safe but ironically all of our money, passports, cameras etc got stuck in the safe. Which resulted in 4 Thia men pressing all the buttons for two hours, then using a piece of car to try and break the metal rods! (this was quite entertaining) and then finally cutting the bolt with a metal cutter (don't think this is the technical term for the tool). Sparks were flying all around the room!

We have spent the last few days exploring Phi Phi, laying on the beach and playing bat and ball on the beach (I am the champion so far) Each day we have walked in to the main part of Phi Phi. It takes 30 mins but it is through the jungle, over rocks and usually through the sea if the tide is in. We were brave last night and walked back at midnight with our trusty torch and met a snake!!!!! Whilst in the main area of Phi Phi last night we went to a Thai Boxing bar to watch some fights. The audience are invited to do 'fun fighting'. Two girls (whom looked like they could eat me) decided to fight. It was awful. We met some nice people who are living in Oz .



Today is Paul's b'day. We are having a massage this evening and then going out for dinner. On Sunday we off to Koh Samui .



Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



7th August 2009

that bungy is hilarious ! paul did good! i couldnt throw myself off ! id have to be pushed! im so jelous ! wish i was coming out with sa! been trying to keep up with my bro as well! he is now in morrocco and aparently is boiling ! he climbed up a mopuntain and decided to camp up there and got completly stuck aparently it was like a scene from cliff hanger but got down eventuently! got a marquee guy coming over next thurs so will let you no how all goes loving you both, ta tar for now xxxxxxxxxxx james says you stink!
7th August 2009

that bungy is hilarious ! paul did good! i couldnt throw myself off ! id have to be pushed! im so jelous ! wish i was coming out with sa! been trying to keep up with my bro as well! he is now in morrocco and aparently is boiling ! he climbed up a mopuntain and decided to camp up there and got completly stuck aparently it was like a scene from cliff hanger but got down eventuently! got a marquee guy coming over next thurs so will let you no how all goes loving you both, ta tar for now xxxxxxxxxxx james says you stink!
8th August 2009

Happy birth day Paul
Have a fun time on the rest of your travels
9th August 2009

Lucky!!!
How Long you travelling for? If you come to Dubai let us know as you can get some free accomodation. Have fun James
11th August 2009

You Guys look like you are having an amazing time. I have only just discovered your blog so have enjoyed having a good old catch up and some laughs. That naughty Nelly and your '1st class cabin' amusing me in particular. Well done Paul for throwing yourself off a platform in a developing country without health and safety rules - nut case! Keeping enjoying yourselves love birds x x
24th August 2009

amazing jump Paul
Wow what a brilliant thing to have done Paul, almost as amazing as running the London Marathon!! Hope you had a good birthday- I am surprised that Hayley didn't have a go at the bungee!! Hope you are OK,often think about you, Love Jane
20th September 2009

Photo 14 of the cat looks like "Road Kill" lol. Sounds fantastic so far

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb