Pretty Phi PHi............................


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
February 17th 2006
Published: February 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

So today we leave this little relaxing island Koh Lanta (I would say boring- but dont want to offend anyone- as very beautiful).

Louisa had decided to come with us and Timmy was going to stay for a bit..........................................................

It was an 8.00am crossing so we slept the whole way.................................................

Got ok accomodation, its quite expensive on Phi Phi and also difficult to get rooms for 3.......................... with last years tragedy it has left the island with a reduced amount of accomodation as things are obviously taking alot of time to rebuild and get it back to how it was- if thats ever possible.

We just chilled out on the beach for the rest of the day- its not how I imagined to look- I expected it to be alot bigger from any news press that i'd seen.......................................... It has obviously had huge devestating effects to the island but is suprisingly still beautiful to me.......................................................................

We also sorted out our Open Water Diving Award to start tomorrow (something I was very nervous about but knew I should do it) sarh had advised us on doing it at the school she had Princess Divers.... Their school was totally devastated along with the Thai girl who worked in the shop who was due to get married 2 days after and was 6 months pregnant!!!!!!!!!!

This island is full of Scandinavians- all beautiful both girls and boys with great bodies, gorgeous white blond hair and great tans!!!!!! Just what a very white English girl loves to see!!!!!!

That night we went out and had all you can eat Sushi- something i've never tried before- it was ok- not enough to fill me up though really- but glad I tried! Then we ended up in Hippies Bar drinking cocktails on the beach whilst watching a fire show, which was cool, a cute little English 10 yr old boy doing it who was great!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



21st February 2006

ko lanta
Hi Becky We stayed there 1 week pre-tsunami place called the sanctuary was very chilled and had pet monkey that kept escaping!! Also did elephant trek which was mega! Wonder how much it has changed since!! Keep safe X
21st February 2006

Hi Laura!x
Hi Laura, lovely yo hear from you! From pics ive seen there are lots of differneces- there is hardly any palms left and those that are left have few leaves- very sad but it is still so beautiful and one of my favourite places! hope all is well back home xxxx

Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1015s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb