Last days in Phi Phi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
October 15th 2008
Published: October 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
By now we have seen the whole island as a native and worse yet have realized that it is basically like Starbucks in the Andaman Sea! Why..? Because it is controlled/monopolized by 3 Thai families (or one Group, some say) and they've fixed the prices of ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING and the workers look really grim. No matter - we enjoyed our time here, met some really interesting people and best of all some sassy cats! But it is time to move on to bigge, free-er islands....Koh Lanta here we come! This is what we were up to during our last days on Phi Phi.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Opps ..... Stuck in StormOpps ..... Stuck in Storm
Opps ..... Stuck in Storm

Well, we went in to town (Trekked in) for dinner. Started raining pretty heavy during dinner and basically didn't let up AT ALL but got worse. Even the Thais when we asked if they thought it would let up said....'noooo...BIG RAIN' Oh shit, whoopedoo. This meant that we had no way home as there weren't any taxi boat drivers crazy enough to do the 10 minute trek and risk a lightning bolt and there was NO WAY to trek back home as there were many 'animals' i.e. snakes along he jungle path.....in the end some Thais helped us by convincing a taxi boat driver to take us for 3x price when there was a slight break in the storm....off we went lightning a flashin' all around us!!
Soaked!Soaked!
Soaked!

Close-up of john after the fact. We were soaked from head to toe.....
Even so.....clean feet & shoes off before entering house...Even so.....clean feet & shoes off before entering house...
Even so.....clean feet & shoes off before entering house...

Love this Thai tradition. They even have this little bucket with a wodden ladle to do it - leae shoes at the door......
'American Breakfast''American Breakfast'
'American Breakfast'

The Thai's should really stick to their own food.......fruit was good though!
'That's Hot''That's Hot'
'That's Hot'

Yes, Paris, it bloody is!!!!! But man does that feel good once you'e eaten it! Is it my imagination or does spicey food give you loads of energy....?? Watch out for the lemon grass though - kinda spikey to be eaten - like a bay leaf - just in there to make it tastey but don't eat it!
Lunch on the beach and philosophy...Lunch on the beach and philosophy...
Lunch on the beach and philosophy...

Or did we have too many Singhas??
This was trekking in to town.....This was trekking in to town.....
This was trekking in to town.....

not exactly what you'd want to be doing after dark in the pitch black in a thunder storm with snakes about!!
Happy climber!Happy climber!
Happy climber!

....he didn't know what was comin'!
Lunch earlier on the 'Storm day'Lunch earlier on the 'Storm day'
Lunch earlier on the 'Storm day'

Yet another lovely puss to cuddle.....
post Cards!post Cards!
post Cards!

I'll be amazed if they actually get there......
Post cards!2Post cards!2
Post cards!2

Thai iced coffee (her) and a can of Singha (him) : typical
Thai version of Beef Stroganof....yeah right!!Thai version of Beef Stroganof....yeah right!!
Thai version of Beef Stroganof....yeah right!!

Aain, stick to y'own food mate!
I just want to Snorkle....I just want to Snorkle....
I just want to Snorkle....

But i can't because I burned the be-jesus out of my back yesterday whilst doing just that!!! I'm English, what the hey!


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0861s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb