Ko Phi Phi - Kayaks and Snorkelling


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
September 16th 2008
Published: September 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we knew what we wanted to do. Wake up at a reasonable hour and get into the sun. We are becoming sun worshippers now, well I am, I think Rachael has always been that way. However too much sun really affects me, as of yesterday!
Anyway, we were up at a reasonable hour and flew down the hill for our complimentary buffet breakfast. We were typically eating just a bread roll for breakfast (cheap and unlikely to be infected with anything!) but here we had an amazing selection. Cereals, fresh fruit, toast, omelletes, cooked bacon and sausages etc, muffins...the list goes on and on! Then there was the drinks, fruit juices and coffee/tea. The best part, all you can eat! We planned to eat as much as our slightly smaller stomachs could take but after a helping of pretty much everything we were done. Waddling back to our chalet we prepared ourselves for the day ahead.

Arriving back on the beach perhaps half an hour after breakfast we decided to hire snorkelling equipment and a kayak for a few hours. We wanted to sea the island in a cheap and fun way and this also provided me (Dom) with some exercise at last! Rachael took the front of the Kayak and I took the back, putting some water and camera equipment (in its underwater camera) into the rear well of the kayak. We pushed off the beach and heading around the island. We passed a small few beaches before reaching Long Beach around the headland from our hotel. We beached ourselves and climbed out, deciding to snorkel around the headland from here. I jumped straight in and tested the water for currents etc while Rachael went shell collecting. We then both went out for about 20 minutes. After this I say a buoy out from shore and decided to get some swimming in. After lapping the buoy twice we headed back around the island, dropping in at the few beaches we saw on the way. We then headed back to the hotel after 1.5 hours.

I then went snorkelling while Rachael sunbathed, pulling her deckchair almost completely into the sea! After joining her for a while I had to eat and sat down for lunch. Rachael, still full from breakfast said she would wait for dinner. After more sunbathing we went to the pool and spent an hour of so swimming, in particular lengths of butterfly stroke of which Rachaels is very interesting!

That evening we booked our boat to Krabi for tommorow and then walked around the small, narrow streets stopping at a restaurant reccommended by our guide book (Cheers Mum!). The food was great but dare I say it, the Pizzas were too big!

That evening we watched the moon, trying to depict the face everyone says is there. I am not convinced but Rachael can see it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb