Final Lazy Beach Day - Noooo!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
March 3rd 2008
Published: March 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Found a really nice little cafe that did a 3 course breakie for 55 baht - what a bargain! - then headed to the beach for our last full day of tannning.

The guys came and found us to say goodbye which was really nice, we all swapped email numbers and I promise to send Larry some Wigan things as I have managed to turn him into a Wigan Atheletic Fan - recruiting all over the world now!

Once the sun started to go down we decided to take a walk upto the Viewpoint of the Island - not realising their were about 150 quite steep steps all the way to the top! But the view was certainly worth it as you could see both sides of the island and also over to Phi Phi Lai - where they filmed the actual 'Beach'.
You could see how easily the resort was destroyed in the Tsunami, the main resort is just a speck right down the middle of the island.

We watched the sun set then made our way down the many steps, Diane decided to have a fight with a mosquito on the way down and fell over
Ton Sai ResortTon Sai ResortTon Sai Resort

What was ruined by the Tsunami
scapping 3 of her toes. She says the mossie pushed her, I know they were big but I don't think they were that bad. Shame on you for letting them win Diane!

We showered changed, got fed and then booked ourselves onto an Island boat trip for tomorrow.

Still aching from all the stressfull kayaking (we paddled far!) we treated ourselves to a Thai massage. We'd heard stories of how they pull and crack every bone in your body, we must have got a cheap version as although they did walk on our backs and pulled our fingers and toes, I was actually expecting more tugging! But it was very nice and relaxing and feeling refreshed, we returned to our room at 11pm for a good nights sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0752s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb