Phi Phi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
November 29th 2007
Published: November 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We took a boat over to Koh Phi Phi Island, but unfortunately only stayed here one night as we wanted to allow time later to do our open water scuba diving certificate. And we decided to stay an extra night in Patong instead as the lonely Planet reckoned Phi Phi was super expensive. But we did manage to find somewhere cheap, even if it was simply four bamboo walls, a mattress on the floor made of hay, with a rickety old fan that chased hot air round the room.

Phi Phi was beautiful, the beach had soft white sand and crsytal clear water. But it did start to rain not long after we'd settled on the beach! We went to see the Tsunami memorial which was touching. We had an awesome night out at the Hippie bar on the beach and met lots of other travellers. Flick joined many others and had a late night dip in the sea, right in front of the bar.

Leaving Phi Phi was a challenge the next morning, we were extremely hungover after our first experience of buckets (copius amount of cocktails in buckets) and Thai tequila!


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb