blond ambition


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We left the land of koh pang nang after spending the milling around the shops byeing pretty rings and drinking lemon tea and half moon chocolate cake. Hanging out at Sunset beach, though it was not as cool as the cheesy american soap that Sarah and i loved and mum hated...watched a bad copy of oceans 13, i kinda got the jist of it...there is a hist at some casino?!?!

We then got the jeep taxi to the port, in record time, and got the sleeper boat over to the mainland, it only took 7 hours, and they even had matresses down for us, but i found could not sleep, and spend hours just looking out of the window at the amazing expansive of water, seeing the lights reflected on the moving landscape, occational other small fishing boats, and just enjoyed this peaceful time with the fewest sounds i have heard in any of my nights since i have been away.

The jeep ride over to Krabi felt like one of thoes rides to get on the coach when coming back from Skiiing in France, it is long and you are in and out of sleep, and the driver keep closing his eyes for longer then you would like...

Having got to Krabi we soon realised that there was not much to be done or had, so we hoped on the boat over to here the phi phi islands. As we arrived on the island we were greated by the monsoons rains, and took cover on of the local shops, as we waited for the gods to take pity on us, i got board and on the spure of the moment i went into the attached hairdressers and got her to give me blond hair...i love it and really felt like a change and a bit of pampering. She even straightend my hair, it looked and felt amazing.

We like it here and might stay longer, Ellen is going around some of the other Isalnds and i am just taking it one day at a time, i find that is the best way in which to travel, no real plans, just the right time and place, and when it does not feel right, you just move on somewhere else. Now i like it here but tomorrow, well i am not there yet so i will see when it gets here.

Funny we keep jumping into other people we have met on other islands, i guess lots of people are doing this kind of island hopping route. When i finally do the loop i expect to see the same old faces over and over again. Still not sure when i will start the loop, still have the idea of a visa run, thats all i am really thinking about.

Will try to attach some photos of some of the local things.

Love and miss you all, shame i missed you guys at Sarah's Birthday party, i thorght that calling at 2pm your time would be ok to get you all...guess not.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



10th July 2007

Hello sweety
hey Robin :) Great reading about your travels, wish I could be with you, Im so jealous! Hope your happy and healthy and look forward to reading about your travels. Miss you here. take care sweety :) Love trace and rob
16th July 2007

hi there you kids
Hi Tracy and Rob, it is great that you can see my travels and email me though this site. I am still in the lovely land of Thailand, i was only ment to be here for a few days to get me Cambodian visa, but i got all court up in the Southern Islands and will now have to do a visa run to Malaysia so that i can stay here another 30 days, where does the time go? I am having a much better time here, then in India, i think it was just a little bit too hard for a girl on her own. But it has made me stronger, and i now looking back on it would not change the experience, well maybe the sleezy men. I love meeting new people and traveling to new places, it is almost sad then we arrive to our new place, as i seem to like the journey more. Hope that all is well in the land of England? Any more news about the move to France? I heard that Sarah's birthday thing went well. I was really sad to have missed it as it was her 30th, but i am sure that i can find her some kind of present along the rd to make up for it. Miss all you guys more then i ever thorght possible, but still loving the life on the road. Love to all, Robin xoxoxoxo

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0992s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb