half moon party!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
July 6th 2007
Published: July 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well i got the jeep to the port then the lovely ferry across to Ko Pha Ngan, then another jeep to the man with the long tail boat who took me over to bottle bay...it was amazing the trip and i loved getting on the boats, even on the long tail boat you can hang your feet over the side and have them splash in the water...then the rains came and we all got soaking wet, the boat master tried to cover up our bags with some tarpaulin and in doing so fell in the sea himself...i went to see if he was ok, but he just laughed it off. I arriver at Bottle bay where there is only a few bungalows and the beach for company, but it was lovely very relaxing, the guesthouse puts movies on in the evenings and there is always some party going on well into the evenings. I have met up with an Irish girl Ellen who i am now hanging out with, we found some shelter together when a tropical storm came over head the other morning and blew some of the roof off our guesthouse...oh the fun and games. I also got my Aussie flip flops nicked, which made me really unset, who but me in the world like my gold and green aussie flip flops...i hope who ever stole them trips up on them and hurts there toe. Well not really but kind of...have gone and got some berkinstocks form a few quid, they are nice, but i loved my Aussie flip flops.

I even managed to call Sarah for her 30th Birthday, she was stuck in a conference type thing at Henden and i had borrowed Ellen's mobile phone to call her as all the mainland phones were out after the storm...its not really fair that i was standing on an amazing beach with my feet in the south China sea and she was at Hendon, but them the breaks.

We left yesterday on the most overcrowded boat, which was very tippy and kinda unearving, but the boat man didn't fall over this time, which i find always a good sign, we got another jeep ride to this yoga place and have lunch, then did some yoga in the afternoon, did some medatation and then got another jeep tazi ride to haat rin, it is funny that when the jeep stopped in the middle of this rd, Ellen and i had the same thourght that we would be robbed. We just looked at each other held onto our bags. Nothing happens and we got there ok, but i guess in these parts that just what you come to terms with.

We have spent a nice day on the beach, wondering around town, and sitting on the peir, looking over to sunset beach, not quite like that cheesy american soap show sarah and i used to watch, and mum hated. But nice enough. I will put some photos up when i have have not forgot the cables.

Funny that tomorrow night the half moon party will be here, we will be on the east coast by then, i just do not think i could handel it. Maybe 10 years ago but not now. It was hugh the last full moon party here, it was the 20th anver, so i am really happy we missed it.

I really like Thailand, the people and the food. I throght i would be here only long enough to get my visa for Cambodia, but i am now thinking of doing a visa run, and coming back for another 30 days...when will i ever get to Nz...not soon i can tell you.

will put some more photos up soon. xoxoxoxo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb