Phi Phi


Advertisement
Published: July 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have found paradise, we arrived in Ko phi Phi Don-that's the main commercialised phi phi island - not the one where the beach was filmed. Was not impressed as it is really commercialised, and the main beach is a little bit ruined, with the water polluted from the boats and lots of rubbish on the beach. They have allowed a couple of nightclubs and bars to be built which really is a bit of a shame. Booked in for 2 nights in a not so great room which is boiling hot.Is more expensive than we thought it would be here. We then found 'long beach', about 20 minutes walk around the island where we found paradise-have booked in for 2 night in a perfectly idealic beach hut looking out across the most fantastic view, set in jungly trees-even has a hammock on the balcony. cheaper as well than the 1st place. the guy who owns the huts is taking the three of us around the 2 phi phi islands and 'bamboo island' 2m with snorkels, and also taking us to the beach where the beach was filmed before the main touristy boat gets there in the morning-we are rather impressed with ourselves for finding this little place. Definately our favourite place so far - mind you the heat is something else. Is overcast most days but sweat just pours of you!and this is the rainy, supposedly cooler season. Gems and I went on a banana boat today - guy on the beach wanted to go on it but didn't have anyone to go with so paid for us and another girl from canada to have a go. Nikki was too scared-chicken!
Just off for a massage each now, looking out across the bay x x x x x x x
p.s have finally worked out how to add photos - lttle bit slow!

Advertisement



2nd July 2007

hey guys sounds like youre having a pretty awesome time, i'm so jealous, the weathers rubbish here... anyway nikki, jamie said to email you if i wanted any clothes from thailand, was jus wondering if you could get me a few jeans,t shirts or shirts. ill trust your fashion advice. buy me anything you like n ill pay you back when you return! thanks nick. Take care all of you xxx
9th July 2007

Photo's
So where are these photo's??!!

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb