Koh Phi Phi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
March 10th 2007
Published: March 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

"The Beach""The Beach""The Beach"

Maya bay otherwise known for its part in the film with Leonardo Di Caprio who Captain Chan met but didnt like much.
On Koh Phi Phi there are no cars, no mopeds, no traffic, in fact there are no roads whatsoever,
how refreshing! The beaches around the island are accesible by long boat, kayak or a short trek. Today (saturday) we took a kayak to a small secluded bay where we were alone with the sand and sunshine for most of the day. The paddling took it out of us both and coming back we were tempted to pay a long boat for a tow. After a few breaks we eventually made it back to shore and have just been to a lovely little italian pizzeria for dinner.

Going to stay here for another 3 nights then head to Koh Lanta for the remaining 10 days before a short stay in Bankok where we fly to the UK and arrive at 6:30am on the 23rd.
Hope its still ok to get a lift?

Today I switched from the usual factor 25 sunblock to a factor 10 tanning oil today.

Sunday
Went on a longtail boat to Maya bay where the beach was filmed. Saw a sea snake and loads of parrot fish then went fishing while waiting for the sunset.
What a ride!What a ride!What a ride!

It didn't look that far away...
Caught 16 fish with Captain Chan who cooked them on his BBQ for us along with some rice which was really tasty. Had a couple of beers with him and spoke of the Tsunami which hit here on 26/12/04 at 10:30am and took out his guest house and mostly everything else which was not build from stone. Now he lives in a tent on the beach for the tourist season while working a long boat and spends the wet season doing DIY on his house in Krabi where his wife and two kids now live. He told me how most people now do not come to Phi Phi for fear of another disaster.

Today we will take a boat up to Long beach which is less crowded and the water is much clearer for snorkelling. Want to see a reef shark, which apparently live by long beach but think I might spend the day avoiding sunshine as feeling a little scorched.

bye for now.........



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

To the victor the spoilsTo the victor the spoils
To the victor the spoils

All you need is a line, a hook and some bait. What you get is free food for life!
Fresh as you likeFresh as you like
Fresh as you like

I caught one every time Captain chan caught 4.


13th March 2007

Pick Up
The pictures get better and better! What a great time you must be having and really looking forward to getting back to Essex! Are you still on track to see the tigers? There is probably a lot still to cram into the last 10 days but you need to make sure you get enough time to relax as well. It sounds like you may have had the sort of navigational discussion Mum and I used to have before we got SatNav. Now I just disagree with the "other woman" rather than Mum! I'll pick you up on Friday morning 23/3 at 06.25, Heathrow Terminal 4 unless you decide to stay on!! Obviously let me know if the flight details change otherwise see you then. Have a great time and keep using the sun screen. Dad.

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb