Krabi province (Ao Nang)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ao Nang
March 7th 2007
Published: March 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On Paradise island or princess beachOn Paradise island or princess beachOn Paradise island or princess beach

In top ten beaches of all time!
Took a bus then a boat then another bus then a taxi then arrived at the Krabi forest home resort, which is brand spanking and comes complete with outdoor-indoor feel. Trees for tables and towel rails not to everyones taste but the bed is huge, the air conditioning is ice cold and the tv shows Mr Bean in Thai which is still just as hilarious! It is as always in these resorts less than a minute from another tropical beach paradise which although the smell of the river passed on the way 'aint' so paradisial this is soon forgotten.

Today we went on two boat trips, the first took us around the four islands; Tup, Chicken, Paradise and Poda island by speed boat. It was really beautiful scenery with all of the rocks sticking out of the ocean in every direction. Some of the most beautiful beaches which if only there were no other tourists there would be perfect.

After that we went on a long boat around the Krabi river, just the two of us and a driver which was really relaxing and picturesque. Went to the fish farm in the middle of the river where we saw
Puffa fishPuffa fishPuffa fish

The thai lad had his finger up the fishes bottom at this point. When he took it out the fish did an almighty fart and shrank back to normal.
puffa fish, turtle, shark and box fish. gotta hurry, more coming soon hopefully!

The next day we hired a little jeep and went in search of a buddist temple which was supposed to be extremely beautiful and was positioned at the very top af a nearby mountain.
After a brief period of wild goose chasing and heated debate we seeked assistance from a local petrol pump attendant who pointed us in the correct direction shortly after which we arrived at the base of the mountain and began our ascent. One thousand two hundred and fifty steps later we had reached the summit and were really feeling the burn!
At least the way down was more manageable although a few stops along the way were in order to avoid any unwanted slips from wobbly leg syndrome.

The next sight to be seen was a beautiful waterfall in one of Krabi provinces' national parks where the water was so clear and fresh I could not resist a quick splash. Ruthy had not brought her swimmers and opted for the more common feet dip while I revitalised myself once again.

thanks for reading..




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Little Red JeepLittle Red Jeep
Little Red Jeep

Went for the four wheeled option.
View from the topView from the top
View from the top

Well worth the leg work!
Splashing time!Splashing time!
Splashing time!

Needed a wash after the trek to the top of the mountain.


7th March 2007

The MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN
GUYS That picture is too cruel!!! You realise im sitting in work looking at spreadsheets!! Im buying 1500 lottery tickets tonight and if we win then nobody need work and we can spend the rest of our lives playing Frisbe on the beach!
7th March 2007

MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN
P.S Ruthy your still white!
7th March 2007

Poor old Puffa fish-
Lucky he didn't do anything worse! Keep up the good work- maybe a future in journalism awaits! lol x
7th March 2007

Ruthy's getting a tan at last!!!

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb