Ko Pha Ngan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
July 25th 2006
Published: July 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hat Khut BayHat Khut BayHat Khut Bay

Only accessable by boat or 4x4 on a dirt track

Ko Pha Ngan



We left Samui on teh 10:30 ferry and half an hour later were in Ko Pha Ngan again with no accomodation booked!!!!

Once we arrived we got a truck to Haat Khuat which is a tiny cove on the noth of the island, we could only take the truck some of the way untill the road ended!!! we called the hostel for a free pick up in their 4x4!!!! very interesting indeed. It wasn't just to 2 of us there was a dutch family who were also headed our way. They had already been to the North so we got a few pointers.

Tho hostel was lovely we had a large bungalow with a solid ceiling and walls and a bathroom attached. All for about 4.50GBP. The only down side wa there was only electricity from 6:00 till Midnight so it was hot at night. It was nice being isolated for 3 days we just lounged around on the beach and on the hostel decking over the sea reading and playing cards. We have developed a taste for fruit shakes so are drinking lots of them.

There is a reef just of
Coral BayCoral BayCoral Bay

Our Bungalow
the beach which lots of snorkelling tours stop at so one day we rented snorkles, which was an adventure the water is very low so you cant swim out from the beach as it is too rocky and sharp (We found out when I cut my toe). Plan B was to climb the rocks on the headland so we jumped into deep water which was fine untill we were in the water where the coral is really high and the visibility wasn't good so we kept seimming in to things. After a few failed attepts we headed back.

3 days passed by fast and then it was off to Koh Tao...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Tropical ParadiseTropical Paradise
Tropical Paradise

Hours of entertainment from a simple swing!!!
Tropical Paradise 2Tropical Paradise 2
Tropical Paradise 2

Look no hands


Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0129s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb