Addiction


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
April 1st 2005
Published: April 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Happy April Fools All

Massages in Thailand
Well, us girls are officially addicted to Thailand. We had our first foot massage which ended up being a full foot and body massage for 1 1/2 hrs for 8 bucks!! Ahhh the life. You go into these places and there are Thai ladies waiting for you, you lie down on beds and all 3 of us have massages done all at the same time. We have decided, we WILL have one everyday. So yesterday, we had ventured to a full Thai Massage at the beach hut we are staying at. We were in the grass hut overlooking the ocean getting contorted every which way (and I am not kidding). Although not the most relaxing massage, you fee a 10 years younger after it. Roth, our massage guy said I looked 18 after my massage... if that isnt reason enough to keep on this massage a day kick. This deseves a big BOU YAH!!

Our Beach Hut- a LOve hate relationship.
So, we arrive on Ko Pang Nhang three days ago. And we found the coolest place. There is no access road to it, we had to walk about 300 meters on the beach to get to what I would sometimes call Paradise. There is about 12 people staying at the resort, all very cool. How did we find it? Well.... we actually went to this place which we ended giving the thumbs down to, so we are in the middle of nowhere on this island without a place to stay. Its hot, we are tired so we go into this internet cafe, and meet a guy from Calgary. He ended up telling us and showing us to this little piece of paradise. There is a caviat. Electrictiy on the island is sparce. IE there is NONE between 1 and 6:30pm and 2 to 4:00am. Yup... this causes as little bit on a issue when wanting to cool down from the 40 degree heat. However, that is not the only issue with life on the island... hmm how should I put this, well there is no 'flush' on the toilet. yah..... You have to fill a pail of water up and dump it down the toilet and let gravity take action. This causes the love hate relationship with our paradise island. Oh well, with everything that is good in life there are always a few drawbacks. Anyway, the vibe at the place is awesome. We have our own beach, they play cool beats and we drink Heineken watching the sun go down with the brightest starts I have ever seen at night. VERY COOL. I will send photos of it, when I hit at internet cafe with a USB port.

We are going to spend a couple more days on the island, then meet up with Marcus back in Ko Samui while preparing to go up to Laos. Tonight we are going to a half moon rave on the beach. Not really our thing, but we feel the need to check out the madness.

Until then, hope all is well at home!

cheers
Natasha



Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb