Day 18


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
October 10th 2010
Published: October 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was an early start for Camilla and Elin who had their final 2 dives, this time to 18m on the worlds 3rd best dive site! These dives were a lot scarier as even though we were 18m down we still couldn't even see the bottom but the sealife was really beautiful and we were moving a little more gracefully underwater now luckily for the coral! Apart from Elin's minor encounter with a sea urchin we survived dive 1 and then braced ourselves for our final dive which involved a compass and a full on mask removal 12m under water! Again we exceded ours and Jules' expectations and perfomed all the tasks (once Elin had figured out how to use a snorkel!) and we headed back to land to sit our written exam! We met Becky on the beach and the 3 of us sat the exam and to our amazement we all passed with Camilla and Elin scoring 100%! And so by 12.30 Camilla and Elin were PADI qualified Open Water Divers.......and Becky an overly academically qualified snorkeller!! The ocean's not going to know what's hit it!! Excited now by the return of the sunshine we went to the pier ready to catch the ferry to Koh Pha-Ngan in time for the black moon party! Our hotel 'Cosy Bungalow' in Koh Pha-Ngan was really lovely right on the beach and we had a walk around the smaller town of the island before heading out to the black moon! The night was one of our best in Thailand so far and although beach wasn't packed there was a really good atmosphere with UV lights and flame throwers and even flaming limbo! A good night was had by all and at 7am all partied out we and our sand filled clothes headed back to the bungalow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb