THAILAND 5


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
December 4th 2002
Published: December 4th 2002
Edit Blog Post

I wish I could compose a soundtrack for the people of Thailand to play whilst I am here. I have song for every moment but it's rarely played. I strolled past a bar in Had Rin playing heavy metal and such is the relentlessness of the dance music that emits from most of the bars that I was momentarily tempted to walk in. Moving north to Had Yao and the harmonic set up is much improved. The laid back atmosphere make it anathema to the decadence of Had Rin, and although electronica and Bob Marley are still the order of the day, the abominably named "Eagle Pub" will play Jimi Hendrix on request. It's only undermined by an air of snobbery that pervades throughout the older and more travelled clientele.
Bungalow installation is intense in Had Yao but there is an agreeable lack of bars and Seven Elevens making it a relaxing place to stop off and recharge ones soul. When the sea presents the land with a gentle breeze the rustling palm trees sound like rain. At night the squid trawlers provide the beach with a bizarre and calming glow. The rocks adopt images of grotesque faces and the clouds varied animals and ghouls. All to the sound of the miscellany of creatures that prefer a nocturnal existence.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb