Day 23-28 KO PHANGAN


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
February 27th 2010
Published: March 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We reached our destination Mac Bay an didnt leave it for a long time, we had a lovely little wooden hut over looking the swimming pool that overlooked the beach it was incredible!! we chilled in the day by the pool an in the sea, (one day me an charlote got stupidly addicted to collecting tiny shells) and then went out in the evening. Ten minutes one way was a little town market called Thong Sala, we did some shoppin ther got our legs waxed an on are last night found an awesom food night market. they had big metal bowls filled with all sorts of curries an u could taste before you bought an a million other food stalls. 40Baht for curry an rice thats 80p. here i had my first massaman curry, mmmmmmmmmmm with chicken and potato. soo goood! an then the best 15Baht chocolate filled donoughts ever, yeh are days do revolve around food!!

Ten minutes in the other direction was Haad Rinn! this is the party central beach where full moon is! they had loads of lovely restaurants there me and Charlotte had Shark Steak 😊 was very tasty although now im convinced the sharks in aus are gna come an get me back for that!

an jus up from our hotel was this really cool place 'recommended by lonely planet' hah which is a buffet bbq eat as much as you want but you cook it yourself! so in betwen the four of you is a stove which they fill with hot coal then whack a metal odd dish think on top of with a moat thing round the edge of it that they filled with boiling water. there was every meat possible and sea food and loads of obscure thai food we didnt attempt, charlotte got annoyed with me because i kept burnin my chicken an not eating it! but we made some good noodle soups! an then for puddin was homemade coconut icecream... mmmmmmm and all for 2pound20.

was an awesom week and was over way too quickly~!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb