Thailand - Koh Phangan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
January 27th 2010
Published: February 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well the train was certainly an experience not to be forgotten! We went from Nakhon Pathom to Surattahni. It was meant to be 10hrs but took 12hrs! We also all got covered in bedmite bites! Yay! The bed was actually more comfortable than the one I slept in at Kitti Raft, which was a result.
Once we'd gotten off the train, there were about 20 of us all crammed into the tiniest of buses, with all of our bags for about 2hrs!! It was then a 2hr boat ride to Koh Phangan where we are staying for 5 nights at the Jamaica Inn. They're basic bungalows right on the beach. The views are stunning, but still cold showers!! All of us have got mega sunburnt on the boat, but we were sitting in the shade!! Doh!
It's Becca's 19th birthday today so we're all heading out to celebrate tonight....

Last night was so cool! Me & Becca got in at 5.30am!! We all went for dinner on the beachfront of Haadrin and we saw there was a warm up party for the full moon party, so we walked along the beach for a little while until we hit the bars. Once again, we were so drunk... drinking buckets again! I reckon the buckets are about 1.5litres and cost 300baht max (approx 6pound!) It's just so cheap here, it's too easy! We saw the Aussie guys we'd met at Kitti Raft so we were with them a while. Kayleigh wasn't feeling too well so Carl took her home while we stayed out and partied. Tom got his drink spiked. We all just chilled out for the day. Kayleigh is really poorly. Keeps being sick. Me & Becca stayed on the beach going in & out of the sea. We got talkin to loads of lads. One group were students from Hawaii and Oz who are studying in Bangkok. Then got chatting to a couple of other lads, one from Oz & one from Canada. Every1 is so friendly here. Tonight me and Becca are heading out for dinner with Vin & T, the Australian lads we met at Kitti Raft. Nice evening with dinner & then even more drinks at the beach. It's crazy here, everywhere is buzzing & full of people partying.

Feeling good today, no hangover, I must be getting immune! Becca was ill last nite tho, with the same thing Kayleigh has got. Doesn't seem to be as bad as Kayleigh's though. Poor girls. Today me & Becca chilled on the beach again until Vin & T turned up on their mopeds they've hired out, so we jumped on the back and headed to Haadrin. Was so funny, Vin's moped isn't as powerful as T's so we couldn't make it up the massive steep hills here! We had to get off and walk up one of the hills haha. But we got to Haadrin and just chilled for a while, walking around and popped into a resort for some dinner. We then headed back to our hotel to see what the rest of the guys are up to tonight, Kayleigh is still feeling unwell & the lads were just going out. Me, Becca, Vin & T got ready and headed to the Thai Boxing night. Was so cool! There was an English person fighting at the end and he won! Woo! It was crazy though. When we first turned up, there were kids about 7yrs old fighting. Wasn't nice to watch. The older fighters were cool though.

The day of the Full Moon Party! Chilled day, me & Kayleigh went to Haadrin and wandered around the shops & bought a couple of bits & then I got a taxi to Vin's hotel to chill out before getting ready to party! Vin has got what Becca and Kayleigh had, so fingers crossed me & T don't get it too! Once we'd all got ready, we headed to the hotel Vin's brother & his girlfriend were staying at and had a few drinks with them and his sister & her friends too. Covered ourselves in UV paint aswell! The Full Moon Party wasn't as messy as expected as by the time we went out, I wasn't feeling too good either. Still had an awesome night tho. The beach was packed out & was buzzing. So many people doing the fire skipping rope & the fire limbo, mental! We witnessed a few nasty injuries!

The day after was another chilled out day, we seem to be having a few of these at the moment! I sat on the balcony for a few hrs readin my book & then went in the sea for a few hrs with every1 in the afternoon. By the time I came in, I was burnt to a crisp! But I'd been topping up my suntan lotion loads! When in the sea, we were bitten loads by these tiny water fleas, they're not nice at all! Me, Kayleigh & Babrul went to Haadrin for dinner & I spoke to Chantelle!! Back at the hotel, I had the mission of sorting my bags! I threw away a big hand luggage bag as it was a nightmare to carry, so had to try and put it all in my backpack. Nightmare! I almost fell over when I put it on my back!!

Off to Koh Samui tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb