Koh Phangan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
August 6th 2009
Published: August 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

BungalowBungalowBungalow

The first place we stayed
Hey all!

We are writing this from an Aussie bar in Haad Rin, Koh Pha-ngan. Haad rin is the main party area of the island and is where the famous full moon parties are held.

Our last blog left off with us about to leave Khao Lak and travel here, we left the resort at 7.30am and after getting loads of mini buses and a ferry arrived on Koh pha-ngan at 7.00pm a very long day.

At one of the stops along the way we managed to get a thai lady to book us into a bungalow. So we got on a pick up taxi thing at the pier and checked into our hotel. The hotel, Phangnan Great Bay, was in Baan Tai beach which is a bit further up the coast from Haad Rin so we only booked 3 nights and planned to move closer to the town if we could find a room. The bungalow was right next to the beach and had a beach front bar.

After a few drinks here one night we got chatting to some other travellers, who also happened to have been in the same hotel as us in khao
BurnBurnBurn

Dans attempt at fire skipping rope
Lak, who were heading into Haad Rin for the night. We jumped in the minibus taxi with them which ended up taking about 20 of us, a few of us including Dan didn't even have seats. When we got to Haad Rin we got our first glimpse of how crazy it is here, lots of bars/clubs on the beach all blaring out Psy-Trance. After a couple of buckets Dan started feeling the heat so stripped off his t-shirt and headed onto the podium for some dancing. He also decided to attempt fire skipping rope.. this did not end well (although Dan thinks he did a good job) with a nice burn on Dans back where he didn't jump quick enough. Unfortunately there are no photos of this night!

The next day we moved hotels to the Drop In Resort which is in Haad Rin centre. The hotel is pretty big with a pool in the middle which has foam parties nightly. They also pump music out from 12pm to 2am really really loud.

We havn't done a lot apart from partying and waiting for the full moon but last night we saw some Thai boxing. It was pretty
Drop In ResortDrop In ResortDrop In Resort

Our second hotel
entertaining and we sat ringside. Saw about 6 or 7 fights.

It is the full moon party tonight, anywhere from 8,000 to 30,000 people dancing on the beach. We have one more day here, just long enough to get over tonight! Then we are getting the ferry to the mainland and jumping on a sleeper train to Butterworth in Malaysia, from there we get another train to Kuala Lumpur.

Will write again from there.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb