Thailand / Koh Pha Ngan - Halfmoon & Fullmoon


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
July 24th 2009
Published: July 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

UV Body painting UV Body painting UV Body painting

Everyone started to put some uV paints on their body, and people were qeuing to get a tatoo from me. We usually put our country name on our arms etc... It was fun, paints were cheap ( 20 Baht / paint ).
We quickly got tired of Koh Samui, so we decided to take a boat to Koh Pha Ngan. We wanted to catch the next famous " Fullmoon Party ". 2 Hours away from Koh Samui, Koh Pha Ngan is an island. If you ever heared about that huge cannabis plantation in Dicaprio's movie " The beach " it's THERE!
Arrived at the Ferry station, we had lots of proposition of hotels etc... So it's really easy to find a place to stay, for cheap too. We finally got conviced by Coral Hotel, only 500 Baht / night, and there is a swimming pool and an amaizing view on the sea. We had to pay 800/day though , after few days, cause of the " Fullmoon". The Halfmoon party was in the jungle, and we had a free taxi from the hotel to get there. Fullmoon was less original, at Had Rin beach, the beach was full of people.
Koh Pha Ngan is an Island full of nature secrets, so Charlotte and I went to rent a moto bike for only 150 Baht / day, and we went to discover its jungle and waterfalls. We stayed 2 and a half weeks there
Charlotte Charlotte Charlotte

Exited. We couldn't believe we were gonna attend the famous fullmoon!
and we fell in love with that place.


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

On the ferry to Koh Pha NganOn the ferry to Koh Pha Ngan
On the ferry to Koh Pha Ngan

Couldn't wait to be in Koh pha Ngan. It's been 2 hours we're on the sea. The sun is still shining at 4pm and we could see the island. Almost there!
Koh Pha NganKoh Pha Ngan
Koh Pha Ngan

View form the ferry. We thought it was an empty island. The sea is blue and the waether was great. Koh Pha Ngan : we're coming!!!!
Coral HotelCoral Hotel
Coral Hotel

I think everyone who've been to Koh Pha Ngan knows that hotel, for its pool parties every thursday and its amaizinz view on the ocean. It cost us 500 Baht / day, but we had to pay 800 for the last days because "Fullmoon " was coming. But the room worths it, there was enough space to bring crowd!
Coral HotelCoral Hotel
Coral Hotel

The swimming pool is nice, with a view by the sea. And the hotel was full of hot dudes lol
Coral BarCoral Bar
Coral Bar

We just arrived and wanted to chill by the pool but we ended up playing drinking games with some irish and british dudes. It was funny cause Charlotte and I couldnt understand their english!
All night longAll night long
All night long

In drinking games, everyone ends up drunk! It's guaranted! 3am and we were still there, laughing out loud!
At the swimming poolAt the swimming pool
At the swimming pool

The swimming pool is so nice! We could either chill at the pool, or walk along the beach, ( right behind the pool ) or play like children in the swimming pool with some hot dudes lol
Day 3Day 3
Day 3

Warming up at the hotel's bar before going to the Halfmoon. We were all waiting for the pass, for the taxi and it was free! Jugs were around 300 Baht only and everyone is just having fun together!
Had Rin BeachHad Rin Beach
Had Rin Beach

Our faverite restaurant in Koh Pha Ngan, at Had Rin Beach. It's very calm all day, but at night everyone are partying at the beach. The service is good and food's not that expensive, around 200 Baht you get full.
--
-

A closer view to the beach -
Day 5Day 5
Day 5

We decided to go that famous waterfall, don't remember the name, but i had to rent a moto bike for 150 Baht/day. It's about 11 Km from Had Rin. The road was ok at the begining but once i reached the deep jungle , i struggled
The jungleThe jungle
The jungle

We got lost, trying to find that waterfall, without a map of course. It's been almost an hour we were trying to find the way...
In the jungleIn the jungle
In the jungle

We had to stop and go back to the main road. I struggled 2 hours, and didn't wanna give up searching to that waterfall. And the road was so sandy and slippery, and couldn't manage the moto bike anymore..what a curse!
--
-

The jungle :(
Moto bike breakdownMoto bike breakdown
Moto bike breakdown

They kept telling us, 1 more km, but the moto bike gave up on me. Fortunatly Dave, our friend form new Zeland didn't give up on me! Shoes off, cause it was to slippery, and the ties were f****
The way to the waterfallThe way to the waterfall
The way to the waterfall

The mood was peacefull, only the road, and the trees. But the sun start to get down, we had to rush !
FinallyFinally
Finally

We finally found the waterfall. Nice pose huh.. We could see all the mountains form there. Amaizing view!
The waterfallThe waterfall
The waterfall

After struggling 3 hours, we finally got to see that waterfall. The rocks were huge. After burning on the sun for hours, we didn't even know if we could swim inside. but we dared!
--
-

Makes you wanna jump inside!


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb