A Ginger moment


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
February 14th 2006
Published: February 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well I may be ginger but I keep having seriously blonde moments, last night convinced myself there was something quite wrong with me, couldn’t figure out which disease gave you blue fingertips, kept washing my hands but still they stayed blue, put warmer clothes on, had beer and dinner, met a lovely guy and chatted and drank till quite late, took my all situations remedy- valium and drink and just knew i would be better. Yes folks I am just mad- the anti mozzie stuff had taken the colour out of the blue dress I had been wearing and stained my finger tips blue - brilliant, good to see all my old neuroses are still fully in charge. Actually have had ice in drinks and salad, almost petted a dog - not sure if i didn’t ‘cos I didn’t want to be unfaithful to CJ or if I was really worried about rabies - do know about this - you can get it from being licked, and even if you have had the rabies shot you still need medical attention. Actually the dog thing is sad because they obviously have a strong pack thing here and this one looked like he’d once been higher in the pack - he had lots of scars on his snout and although he wasn’t thin he was nervous and looking round for the other dogs - there are about 4-6 here some with collars and some without, although the guy we met last night woke up and 4 of them were in his room sleeping without argument so maybe this one belongs somewhere else. Anyway we shared our toast with him and someone else petted him up (the dog not the guy he went off to do yoga - he’s on 2 classes a day). Have chatted to a few people here, the mix and vibe seem to change quite a bit, there is a healing and fasting centre here so I guess people’s energies change quite frequently there is also a huge selection of home made cakes, brownies & muffins & chocolate. Sun has tried to shine today and it feels very peaceful the house we are staying in is just like the decking at Underhill with sea view very private and they serve a damm fine white russian so hey!

Weather seems to have perked up a bit today so maybe the dire warnings were mistaken, a few boats have been in and out of the bay so we may be forced to stick to our schedule. Not sure if I made it clear but longtail boat is really the only practical way in and out of here, there is the option of a trek over the mountain, but for the fit and energetic this is a good 2 hour hike and those of you who know me will understand that not being in that category it ain’t gonna happen.
Playing on the Jon’n’Barb playlist this week:
Plenty of Mr. Marley, Dionne Warwick, Joni Mitchell, Miles Davis, Andy Sheppard, Dandy Warhols, Branford Marsalis, Sugababes, The Cars, B-52’s (Deadbeat club & Topaz), and the best moment was when the maid came in to clean the house while playing Art of Noise (Seduction of Claude Debussy) and the screensaver came on showing ALL the sunset photos from Koh Lanta. She was so enthralled, lots of pointing and smiling, really sweet it seemed to make her day. Yesterday we tried a playlist of firstly songs with the word ‘rain’ followed by songs with the word ‘Sun’. Didn’t make a bit of difference so probably won’t try that again. Now listening to a selection by Doris Day.
Also, the strangest thing, after what feels like a foot of rain over the last day or so, we woke to no water, despite the system here being fed by a mountain stream. Just like being back in England.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb